Thursday, September 28, 2006

Positive Things that happened in the past week

Well after my last two posts hosting a bit of the negative side, I decided to focus on the positive for my Thursday Thirteen:


1. This is a picture taken from our Girls Night Out last Friday evening. Top row, Calli, Me. Bottom row, Jen, Sara, and Suzanne. We met at LaDiosa-such a neat place. Great food and atmosphere, I think we have decided that its going to be "our" place. We are going to have monthly meetings and I can't wait for October 20th!!! These pics can also be seen on Sara and Jen's blogs.

2. One day earlier, I was able to attend for the first time, my class's evening women's study that is every other Thursday. We are studying God's purpose for our lives. There were so many people there and many of whom I have not been able to spend a lot of time with so I was thrilled to have the opportunity and hear God speaking through their words.

3. Saturday morning Ty, Olivia, and I joined Meme to watch our neice Hannah play in a volleyball tournament that was not real far from where we live. I saw some people from our church there and had a nice visit and we also went to one of my favorite burger joints for lunch afterward with several other family members along with some people from their town. It was a beautiful fall day and we had a great time.

4. Church Sunday- Trent and I taught last quarter which was neat in a lot of ways, but we really missed our class. We were able to go together Sunday, which we don't get to do a whole lot now b/c he is gone for tournaments so much- in fact he will be this week.

5. Finally got my little girl's room organized and re-arranged with her "new" dresser in place. It looks so cute, I will have to post pics if I ever get around to taking any.

6. Tuesday night Trent and I took on the task and put Ty's new train table together! Well, we have not put together all the buildings and bridge yet, but the table is there and he is THOROUGHLY enjoying it! Thanks Pop and Cita :)

7. Got my freezer, again- new to us, cleaned out and put almost all of our things in. I just have to go pick up things I am storing at my sister-in-law's and Sara's house and then we are good to go!

8. The kids both got flu shots Tuesday, probably not a "positive" thing to them, but hopefully it will be in the long run and neither of them will end up contracting the flu. On a side note, Olivia still has an ear infection in her left ear, getting better but still there. This is why she cried so much Sunday and Monday :( But the positive spin- she is on a baby version of the "Z" pak and already doing better!

9. I slept GREAT the past two nights and its looking like I just had a quick bout with allergies instead of a sinus infection!

10. Got my car washed Tuesday while kids were sleeping after their doctor's appt. I just love a CLEAN CAR!

11. Today is my friend Courtney's birthday but we celebrated at school yesterday with coffee and doughnuts at our early morning staff meeting, well all day we ate really! Mmmmmm.....

12. My sweet mother-in-law met me at school yesterday with my favorite drink in hand as we were making our way out to the car. Such a nice surprise at the end of the day. Have I mentioned that I have the best mother-in-law in the whole entire world???? She is also having us out to her house for dinner tonight which she has started doing on a weekly basis. Its so nice getting together with Trent's side of the family and Ty LOVES playing with his cousins!!!

13. My friend Suzanne was a real blessing to me this week. She is pictured above. I will not go all into why except that she is just a wonderful friend. I met Suzanne the week after Trent and I started dating. She was a good friend of his from college and still is. We hit it off instantly and she has been my friend too ever since. Another one of the many blesesings of having Trent. She is a great listener but will tell you how it is and I appreciate these things about her so much. Plus she is a ton of fun to be with. Whenever we would come back here to visit, before we lived here and she did, we would meet up with all of Trent's friends he grew up with and most of the time Suzanne and I were the only two girls, except for when Sara could make it, also pictured above. Sara is married to our friend Brad and Jen (also pictured above) is married to our friend Jon, two of the boys Trent grew up with. The other girl, Cali, I have had the blessing of getting to know through Sara. They went to pharmacy school together and we are all great friends now.

I really could go way beyond thirteen in counting my blessings this week but I will stop there. Its really neat to go back and do that, especially after you think you have had a hard day! Hope everyone has a great end to the week!

13.

6 comments:

realitymomma said...

hey,
it was good to see a pic of sue. i have not seen her or talked to her since she has moved. i really miss her and miss not being in communication with her. she is a blessing and you can only imagine how close we were in college.
tell i said hi and to get in touch with me!!!!!

Jennifer K said...

I can't wait for the 20th! It will be a blast. Let me know when you want the DVD-if I am out on your side of town I will bring it by.

Lisa Renee said...

Thanks J. If I don't see you today, I can stop by before evening service tom. night. Did you notice I stole your pic?!

Anonymous said...

What a great Thursday Thirteen. I'm so glad I made it into number 1 and number 13!!! What an honor!
I'm so thankful as well, that we have all met through our husbands. Who would have thought that a bunch of guys would marry a bunch of girls that actually get along without ripping eachother's hair out????? Who'd uv thunk? I love all of you...Jenn, Suzy, Lisa, Melissa, Heather, Callie, Amy and Sheila. Such a sha-zooooow group of girls.

Larissa said...

That is a cute pic! I can't wait for the jewelry party at Sara's house! I've always wanted to go to one!! And I can't wait for lunch on Thursday!

Alisha Stewart said...

You do have so much to be thankful for. I love reading your blogs and seeing how you guys are doing. We keep saying it, but we really need to get together sometime.
Alisha