

My parents came for a visit Sunday through Tuesday, the days Trent was gone for a tournament for the girls in OK. City. As you can see we enjoyed our time together doing fun things like going to the park to feed the ducks and out to Legacy Park for a picnic and playtime. That place is amazing! I need to post pics of just it! Ty also made out with a new train table from Pop, Cita, and great Aunt Mimi! We went to look at a used one today but the lady wanted as much as a new one that was on sale at Toys R Us, so we opted for the new. Poor Trent will be putting that together this week! The weather has been so nice here so we did some fun fall like things like a trip out to Idalou for the Apple Orchard yesterday. We ate lunch there and looked at the trees. A fun novelty in a smaller town. I think Cita enjoyed it the most! She brought both kids some fun Halloween surprises, little books and a ghost treat bag for Ty. They will be coming back for treat night at our church at the end of next month.
I was so excited to finally have someone along to get some errands done, like Target for some baskets I had wanted since early August, only to find they are no longer there. My other venture was some good looking fake gourds, also not found at Hobby Lobby, my other place I wanted to go. Isn't that always the way, you finally get the time and money and it just doesn't work out!
I had all these plans to get things done while they were here to watch the kids and none of them happened. No painted kitchen chairs, no hutch picked up to go on top of Liv's, new to us, dresser, no armoire taken back to the friend who loaned it to us, no box returned to Oriental Trading, for major false advertising on the size of the wreath I ordered, no house work got done either. But a fun time was had by all and I was given the gift of being able to return to bed for an hour and a half this morning after feeding Liv. Man did I need that! There is just never enough time. No Floydada pumpkin patch, the fair is next week but they can't come for that, but mom did make a late night trip to Wal-mart with me and we are stocked up on groceries for the rest of the month, and I was able to finish making some baby gifts for friends. I miss them already and its always a tearful goodbye. Trent is now home and Ty was showing off all his goods from his grandparents and already asking when they are coming back. A fun time was had by all. We missed school monday in order to enjoy them to the fullest and I am so glad we did. Now its back to routine tomorrow. I have two prayer requests for any of you reading. My friend Courtney, whom I teach with. Her dad was in a motorcycle accident last week and broke his neck, shin bone, and wrist. He had surgery this past weekend and is recovering here in town. They are from a smaller town in the area and her mother is staying with her until he is able to return home which should be in a few weeks. His name is James and I am sure he would appreciate your prayers. Also, for Holly who is almost 12 weeks pregnant and due in April!!!! I was more than thrilled to get the news! She had a Dr.'s appt. today and heard the heartbeat! Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery of a healthy baby! That is all for now, hope everyone is having a great week :)





I had all these plans to get things done while they were here to watch the kids and none of them happened. No painted kitchen chairs, no hutch picked up to go on top of Liv's, new to us, dresser, no armoire taken back to the friend who loaned it to us, no box returned to Oriental Trading, for major false advertising on the size of the wreath I ordered, no house work got done either. But a fun time was had by all and I was given the gift of being able to return to bed for an hour and a half this morning after feeding Liv. Man did I need that! There is just never enough time. No Floydada pumpkin patch, the fair is next week but they can't come for that, but mom did make a late night trip to Wal-mart with me and we are stocked up on groceries for the rest of the month, and I was able to finish making some baby gifts for friends. I miss them already and its always a tearful goodbye. Trent is now home and Ty was showing off all his goods from his grandparents and already asking when they are coming back. A fun time was had by all. We missed school monday in order to enjoy them to the fullest and I am so glad we did. Now its back to routine tomorrow. I have two prayer requests for any of you reading. My friend Courtney, whom I teach with. Her dad was in a motorcycle accident last week and broke his neck, shin bone, and wrist. He had surgery this past weekend and is recovering here in town. They are from a smaller town in the area and her mother is staying with her until he is able to return home which should be in a few weeks. His name is James and I am sure he would appreciate your prayers. Also, for Holly who is almost 12 weeks pregnant and due in April!!!! I was more than thrilled to get the news! She had a Dr.'s appt. today and heard the heartbeat! Please pray for a healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery of a healthy baby! That is all for now, hope everyone is having a great week :)




6 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend with your parents. I LOVE it when my mom and dad come see us in Dallas -- it is the best thing! And I am always sad when they leave too (but not as sad as Sam & Seth who get spoiled rotten when they're around!)
I love that pic with your mom and ty standing up on the wooden playset. it is nice, i know, to have family for a visit. will you post more info about the floydada pumpkin festival? I have been thinking of going.
Sounds like you had a great time! I love Legacy Play Village. It is such a great place! I can't wait for Elise to be able to really enjoy it. If you want to drive out to Floydada I would love to go with you. It would be a fun day and we could get some amazing pictures!! I am sure some of the other girls would love to go as well. Let me know!
What a fun visit!
I always plan a lot of activities when my parents come, but the time seems to fly by!
I just can't believe how your little ones are just sprouting up!!
Looks like the family visit was a great one. The girls always LOVE legacy play village.
How fun for your parents to come. I am blessed to have mine in town, but rarely do I get undivided attention that way. Kind of fun when they come and spoil you like that. NOT complaining though...mom came at a moments notice yesterday to keep Kate for me while she was sick, and we are shopping tomorrow.
I had to go check out all your Walmart favorites. Love the Butterpecan ice cream, because it is so good, and I am the only one in the house who will eat it. It is mine, mine, mine!!!
I didn't know you and Krista were such good friends. We love them, too.
Post a Comment