Nothing horrible, just one of those days. The dust blew in last week and I am reaping its "benefits" today. I guess I am a little late considering most people were sick last week and over the weekend. That's just a little harder than usual b/c of course all you moms out there know that does not effect whether or not you go to work or how you do your work does it?! I was up almost the entire night with Olivia last night, still not sure why. She was diagnosed with an ear infection in her left ear a week and a half ago but has been on antibiotics since. She was not hot, pulling on her ears or anything. She did have a dirty diaper but all she wants to do is nurse, and I am wanting to WEAN HER!!!! We have an appt. at 1:45 tomorrow, not a fun time with two little kids but that was the best they could do with notice at 3 this afternoon. Also had school today, which went great, but I am all the more tired this evening none the less.
I am really wanting to wean Olivia for a few reasons, the biggest being I have to have not been nursing for a month for lasic eye surgery, which I am hoping to do at the end of November. Its funny how the less you make the more your insurance costs and the more it does not include!!! Another perk of working for a small Christian school as a coach! We will not have vision or dental come January so we are getting everything done while we can and already had our last cleaning last week. Not that its the last forever but probably longer than every 6 months. I know I am a freak, but I love going to the dentist! Well back to lasic, I also have a major dry eye problem which can be a real bad thing if it still exists the time of surgery. I will get my new glasses Wednesday, and be saying goodbye to my contacts forever. This will help in the two rinses I have to do a day, as well as drops five times a day and fish oil (eeewhhh!!) caplets twice a day. I am already having a hard time finding time to drink enough water and eat with keeping house and tending to my ten month old and little boy who takes like 30 trips to the potty a day!!
Olivia has cried almost non stop since we have been home and Ty has been playing with all of his fun battery operated toys that make noise and I have a major headache. I received my new Southern Living a few days ago and put Olivia in the swing with some cheri-o's to get a quick look at it. I am SO wishing that the gumbo with cream and shrimp along with the toasted coconut pecan chocolate chunk pie would appear on my doorstep for dinner tonight. As I type there is a sippy cup in my face with a loud voice saying, "MORE JUICE PLEASE??" This is also as Olivia is pawing at my side STILL crying. If your reading this remotely close to the time I am typing, please say a prayer for my sanity. Trent is at the course with the kids and should be home by 7:30, will I make it until then? How tired will he be since he has been gone since 6 A.M.??? I can't wait for the time change!!!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
I have so been there...so many times!!! Somedays you wonder what else someone could ask of you. Just when you think you have a moment, they find something else that they need. Hope your day is better tomorrow! I hope to get to see you tomorrow night.
Lisa, I can empathize with you. don't feel one bit bad for stealing a glimpse of southern living. being a full time mom and wife is tough stuff; only for real women! you can do it!
I'm sorry I was not reading at the time you were needing prayers.I understand those days when it feels like everything is LOUD and everyone is tugging at you! I will pray that Tuesday is more relaxed and peaceful.
As I have told you many times, your strength amazes me in so many ways!! You truly are awesome at what you do!
I am so excited about you getting LASIK. It is the best thing ever! I hated wearing my glasses for the month before surgery, but it was well worth it! Jonathan taped my surgery if you ever want to watch it! It took an entire 60 seconds per eye. It is way cool.
Post a Comment