Well here are more pictures from our last visit
to the metroplex as promised. This first one is of Cale Davis (Amy and Brian's little boy)and Liv. I think she is showin a little shoulder to catch his eye! I know she looks a little boyish and is RARELY seen without a bow, but she had been in the pool earlier, bathed, and just gotten up from a nap so it just didn't happen!
Here is Ty with Cita doing their morning ritual, thus the pajamas with sandals. He loves to help her water plants and I let him help me at home as well.
I don't know why I can only write at the bottom of these pictures! This blogger thing frustrates me at times! Well here we are, ebony and ivory! Every morning after mommy had her coffee we took advantage of the pool until lunch time. It was 106 every day we were there so it was not just real refreshing but better than not being in the water! Ty did not like his trunks clinging to him in the water so we went for the little swimmer, actually there were a few times he just went skinny dipping because the little swimmer held a lot of water, not from him. After five days in the sun, you would never know it! Our little boy is so fair skinned! At least he did not get burned! Of course I coated him in water babies so there was not much of a chance. Trent calls these my "fly girl" glasses. I however love them b/c of the coverage and I like to pretend I am Katie Holmes.
We forgot little girl's swimsuit, so she just went topless with a little swimmer on. She loved the car float and enjoyed the water just the same!
Old roomies together again with all the childrens. Lil Amy is so so so SO special to me. Amy and I lived together just one year before I got married. It was such a great time of my life and we became pretty close during that year. I admire this girl fo so many reasons. She is just a beautiful person. We actually talk often and see each other pretty often too. Our husbands share the same obsession and compliment each other well in a partnership. Brian does a lot of business out here and always makes time for a round or two. They also play together every year in a tournament in East Texas and even won it a couple years ago. We had to forego our tradition of staying in a B and B in Jefferson and stay in a regular old hotel now that we both have nursing babies but we are hoping to again this next year. We have a raincheck for the one from last year which could be another whole post in itself, hilarious. They always make it out for a game in the fall too and we cannot wait for their next visit! Thanks for making the drive out to see us lil davies.
We had such enjoyable time in the short four days we were there. Of course there is never enough time to do everything we want to but there is always next time! Now it is back to the grind. My hours of 6:30 to 10:30 every day, school starting, Trent gone again, and only me to rush Ty to the bathroom which is every time I nurse and many many times in between! I should not complain, I am glad he is potty trained. It just brings other things with it! He wears a pull up at night and I don't let him have a drink after 8 O'clock, however he still manages to leak through the pull up and his clothes and it was at 4 A.M. this morning. Not wanting to change the bed at that time I brought him in with us, mistake. He is not easy to sleep with! Trent left at his usual 6 for workouts and Ty was up for the day shortly after that. Joy! The baby however goes from 8:30 to 8 in the morning! Got the bed changed and the same thing happened at naptime today, that only lasted one hour. I am exhausted!
Quick prayer reqest, Trent went to the back doctor last week and learned that he has fluid leaking from a sack under a disk in his back. He has been active in sports since he was a child. He played flag football and sand volley ball in addition to golf up until just a couple of years ago and they think it happened somewhere during that time. He had an MRI last night and we will get the results Thursday to determine whether surgery will be needed. He is on pain killers and steroids now and will be getting a cortizone shot to be able to play in the club championship this weekend. I am worried about that. This could really effect his future and his dreams for that matter.
Okay, its only 80 here today and we are off in the double seated wagon to the park to feed the ducks. Man I am getting excited about fall and cannot wait for the fair and to decorate!





6 comments:
You are all in my prayers. The pics are so cute. I can't believe how big Olivia is getting. She is so cute! And I can't wait for the fall either!!!!! I am sooo excited!It puts me in the best of moods!
What a beautiful family. Ty is just the sweetest thing. And Olivia what a precious girl. She was just adorable in the wagon playing by herself.
We will be praying for Trent for healing in his back.
I am so glad that you got to spend some time with Amy and Cale. I know that she really misses you :) Olivia is getting so big- she is so cute!!
Turns out Trent has a herniated disk. Surgery is the only real solution but it just depends on how long Trent can take the pain as to whether he will have it or not. The doctor did not want to reccomend surgery and told him to use his common sense for the time being.
What great pictures! What fun to go on a vacation to just enjoy the company....
I had a lot of fun at lunch too! We definately need to get together more often. I am so glad we are starting up again with "our study group". And don't worry...you're kids are precious. I hope you're having a good first day of school.
Post a Comment