Wow, I rely way too much on coffee. I woke up this morning to the wondeful smell, staggering into the kitchen I could not wait to have a cup with the new iced oatmeal cookies I purchased on my grocery trip to Walmart last night. The lid was on so tight I had to get a gripper out to loosen it to be able to pour from the carafe. I broke the lid!!! Just the top part, not the part to actually open to pour!!!! Here I am swishing around the FULL pot and smelling the coffee with no way to get it open!!! That was two and a half hours ago and after nursing Olivia to sleep, I am dragging BAD!!! I have heard there is a hormone that is released while nursing that makes the mother sleepy, I am especially feeling that today and I have SO much to do!!!!
I have laundry to finish and more baby food to make not to mention our third day of potty training boot camp! Yesterday, just one accident while he was playing!!! I think it just snuck up on him. Today he is actually wearing shorts over his cool underwear. He only has two pair left so I REALLY need to get on my laundry. I am such a creature of habit and routine, this coffee thing is really throwing me off.... can you tell???? I went ahead and ate the cookie and would leave to get a cup of coffee somewhere but I am trying to stay consistent with Ty here to get the potty down. He is doing so good and started telling us before yesterday. We went through this about six months ago and he did great but so many people told me he was really young to be doing that and that I should just hold off and not push it so I laid off. I should have just stuck with it b/c when we started this time he was not so thrilled about getting on for some reason and he did not want to tell us before. The other day he ran to his closet and shut the door to do his business twice!!! We have made great strides since then. I think we are almost there :)
I just had to write to vent and to get some possible sympathy. My entire house is filled with the aroma of coffee and I am still real sad about it. I broke it so badly that I think we are going to have to get a new pot :(
3 comments:
You can get a really good cup of coffee at Hastings for around a buck. If I were there, I would bring you some!
awww coffee...you know I feel your pain. i can't have enough of the stuff myself. I will pray for you!
Next time this happens - call me!!!!
I am here to help. Like I said, you are doing so much better than I am doing with Thomas. I need to work on that.
Post a Comment