or AM I DREAMING.......................DAVE MATTHEWS BAND BABY!
Okay, so I was at home for a week and late Friday was already dreading the drive back by myself with two kids the next day when.............my husband walks in the door of my parents house! He flew in and surprised me with tickets to Dave for Saturday night as an anniversary celebration! We hit six years on the 12th and ate sushi that night but you have to understand that Dave Matthews is a special thing to us and been a part of us since we started dating. We have gone to a concert together every year since I have known Trent with the exception of last year when I was pregnant with Olivia- first time in 9 years! Even Ty got to hear him from the womb! It was at Starplex and was incredible as always even despite the heat. Brought back so many memories. Harry and LeeAnn went for their anniversary as well and we got to visit with them a lot before the concert started. I also ran into one of my old college roomates and friend, Mandy! What are the odds in a crowd of so many people??!! What an incredible night. I was in heaven. What an amazing man I married. So thoughtful. So romantic. I would only leave him for Dave. Totally kidding. It was so funny watching people there. You had the college kids yelling ______ Yeah! And the old fogies swaying a little and nodding their heads. We got to smell a lot of weed.........Great people watching. All in all it was a WONDERFUL night. We came back to my parents and went for a late night swim and slept in the next day- sort of. ...... and I did not have to drive back by myself! I am still singing crash-one of my favorites. No Satellite, also a favorite or Two Step but ya know there is just not enough time for him to play them all. He played "our song" (crazy) once a couple of years ago, the time I mentioned when pregnant. I am still smiling.
5 comments:
How fun! I have seen Dave Matthew's several times and it's always a great show. Happy Anniversary!
So jealous!! "Crash" is the best song by him. ever. I have seen no concerts lately and I am sad. Depeche Mode was pretty cool, but that has been MONTHS ago.
That is wonderful. I am glad you had a great anniversary, I know you helped make mine!!
Okay, you KNOW how jealous we are! Clay saw Dave last year, but we haven't been together in a couple of years. Sigh. There's nothing like a live show...and to be surprised with it is even better! Tell Trent he got major points for that one.
Excellent! I love surprises and one that includes doing something you love is even better. I'm glad y'all had fun!
Post a Comment