Thursday, July 06, 2006

Yada Yada Yada

I always was leary of taking digital pictures b/c of computers not always being reliable and the fact that we rarely take them to be developed. Well I am now super sad b/c my fourth pictures were lost. The card did a freeze thing that I won't take the time to write about but I had some priceless ones of Ty with a firecracker, the whole group in awe of the fireworks and Liv in the pool. Oh well. ...

To finish my recap from home, it was absolutely wonderful and probably the best time I have had there. Have you ever felt a memory being made and become emotional in the moment? I did that a lot while I was there. It was really hard to leave to come back to Brown Town. I had lots of fun at Gardenridge the day before we left and helped mom start to paint her laundry room. We are in the process of updating their house. Mom and I stayed up the night before talking and crying and it just all went by too fast. I thought that staying longer would give me time to do all that I had wanted to but of course it was not and I did not even do half of what I wanted to. It is so hard to spend some good quality time with family and see all of my friends too. It really is just impossible. The majority of the people I grew up with are still in that area and a lot of the people I went to college with ended up there as well. Then there are also all the friends from Prestoncrest from after college, singles group, and then our first two years of marriage. Can you believe in August we will be celebrating six years?? After today I know exactly what I am getting Trent for our anniversary, a massage!

My mother and father-in-law got me a gift certificae for a fifty minute massage for my birthday this past year. I was just now able to use it since Trent was traveling up until May and then we were out of town on and off. It was the absolute best massage I have ever had. Of course I have just had like four or five but this lady was awesome. I did not know before going but she is the parent of one of our students at Bright Horizons this past year. I have had lower back problems since I gave birth to Olivia and she confirmed it was sciatica due to a hip out of place as well as one of my ribs!!! She did some pressure releifs along with moving my hip around and I felt instant relief!!!! She said it was temporary and that having a baby just changes your body more and more with the more pregnancies you have. I wish I could have had it right before bed time but ten O'clock worked just as well and it was a great start to the day. I have had to drink water ever since and she suggested a sea salt bath to draw out of all the toxins. She was concerned about me nursing with all of that in my system but so far there has been no reaction to Liv so I guess the water is working.

We have been a one car family for the past two weeks because my husband sold his little honda to his friend Harry and drove it to him while in Dallas. I am so nervous about doing that with a friend but they were both cool with it. Even worse, he has bought his next one from my brother-in-law who has only had it himself for a week! The two of them have twin personalities and have the idea that everything they own is for sale for the right price. Being the planner, no change, never even bought a lottery ticket low risk person that I am, I have a hard time with it. We now have two SUV's, a suberban and a jeep grand cherokee. You are probably thinking not so smart in a time of high gas but Trent hardly puts any miles on a car and me for that matter with living in such a smaller town. I only fill up every two weeks and that will probably be the same for Trent now too since his office is not just a mile away anymore but oh no.... now like five miles!!!! I love that about this town, everything is no more than 15 minutes away! Its so easy all across the board. It will be nice to get in and out of, the new car I mean, with two car seats, stroller and golf clubs in back.

This weekend will be eventful. Jon and Jenn King had their little girl Elise and we will be taking them dinner and visiting with them tomorrow night!!!! I also have a baby shower lunch for a friend of our family Laura Hampton out at LCC, always fun. The biggest party is for Grandmother (Trent's) which is a surprise out at my in-laws celebrating her 85th! She is going to be floored! Well I hope not literally.

Thursday Thirteen for OLIVIA LANE
1. Gaining ounces
2. Army crawling all over the place
3. so tickelish she belly laughs outloud!
4. Still in 3-6 month clothes but some 6-9 one pieces
5. Eating all vegetables and fruits along with rice cereal still, nurses before after and in between
6. Loving Cheri-O's, and Fazoli's garlic bread sticks!
7. Now drinking juice and water from a handled sippy cup! so wierd to see b/c she is so tiny!
8. Still teething but still no teeth
9. Become quite clingy to her mamma
10. Grabs for EVERYTHING
11. Loves jewelry
12. Sleeps from 9:30 P.M.- 8:00 A.M. every night
13. Starting to wave, or at least lift her hand up for bye bye! Too cute.

5 comments:

Larissa said...

I am so glad that you had a good time. You seem to be very blessed by the growing relationship with your mom!

MDM said...

Your summer sounds fun! Take care of your cute little fam!!

Kristen OQ said...

Sounds like you had a fun week -- time with my family is never long enough. I try to savor every last minute!

lauren said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! Hopefully sometime we'll be in Dallas at the same time and can see eachother! I can't believe that you had a hip and rib out of place...well I guess I can, but that stinks that it gets worse with every pregnancy. James loved to kick and I believe bruise my ribs! I don't miss that! How's Olivia's weight now? If on;y James could give her some of his lbs!

A D said...

I am so glad that everything went well at your visit. I am back now from my wk vacation and looking forward to a routine again. I think the kids are too. Talk with you soon.