Sunday, July 16, 2006
Can I just brag on my son for a little while? Of course I can, this is MY blog!!!! :) He just amazes me more and more each day! I have said this before but, he is at the most challenging AND the most loveble age all at the same time right now! Weird right? He is such a sweet little man! I have not started pressing manners yet, however for about the past six months he has been using please and thankyou along with his yes' and nos' when he wants or doesn't want something. I guess he has just heard us and caught on, and at the appropriate time. He also says bless you and thank you when you bless him. This may seem like normal stuff for a two and a half year old to a lot of you, but I did not hear a lot of that in my class at school last year so its pretty neat for me to hear him using manners without being asked to. The only thing I have pressed is ma'am and sir along with his yes's and no's. The other thing that makes this music to my ears is that Ty has had a speech delay since he had tubes in his ears a year ago May. They took out fluid the consistency of jello so the poor little guy was not hearing during a crucial speech development time. He is just now putting three words together, not really true sentences yet.
Today we took a nap after church. He of course woke up after about an hour and a half and cuddled me while rubbing my back and head. He comes up and tells me he loves me just out of the blue with a kiss daily. He loves to sit by me and lean on me and holds my hand a lot. He instigates all this! I guess he gets it from his Daddy b/c I was never the touchy feely kind of girl... of course all that has changed with this little guy. I attack him with kisses and hugs all the time and he occassionally after a while of it says Mommy stop! He has heard a lot of the same songs for some time now at church and school and usually does the motions and just says a few of the words. I taught him, "You are my Sunshine... My only Sunshine..." this past week and he starts it ALL the time and is singing all the words along with me! His little voice is so sweet, and I know I am being ridiculous here, but it almost makes me emotional each and every time!!! It is just such huge strides from where he was.
He loves to pick out what shirt he is going to wear, but its almost always a blue one. He doesn't mind red so much but goes nuts for the blue. He is LOVING choo choo's and his absolute favorite thing in the world is Thomas the Tank Engine. Probably like most little boys his age. He has to have the four that he owns with him at ALL times. He even sleeps with them. I don't allow them in the tub or in the car for outings but other than that, always in his little hands.
He is super sweet to lil sis and give her kisses on the head all the time for no other reason than the fact that he loves her. He wants to hold her alot and is always entertaining her, especially if he hears her cry...... he runs right over and immediately starts trying to make her smile. Its great in the car when I can't be back there. Just all around a neat little guy..........of course I may be a little biast.
This past weekend was great, lots of time with my parents who left Saturday. They brought back dog among other things that I purchased while at home. Mom and I worked in my backyard and she helped me A LOT with kids and plants and all kinds of things really. Today was especially good b/c we got to go to church. Trent and his Dad are in the Stampede tournament out at L.R. and were one shot out of first as of yesterday. I have been dying to know how they are doing!!!!
I also got to talk to my friend Amy whom I have not gotten to in a while and it just made me miss her all the more. Thank goodness for blogs now! Amy and I were roomates our sophomore year of college and for two years after college. She has seen me through some of my hardest times and just has a feeling of home to me. I told her today, but I am so jealous of the girls she gets to be with now at the best times of our lives.... being married with a family and at church together. It wasn't just real long after she and her husband moved back that we moved out this way so we have not been able to be a big part of each other's lives since. She is at home on bedrest b/c of having contractions after having a stitch put in to stop them. She is also on a medication that makes her very awake and jittery. Say a prayer right now for her that she will get through this and that there will be no more contractions. He family is gone to give her some rest as well but as all us mothers know, even when you need it you miss them! I also got a surprise call from my friend Linnea today! What a fun day! We did not have much time to visit because we both have nursing babies but at least we got what we did. I am not worthy of such special people in my life. I am SO SO SO SO SO SO VERY blessed to have all of my friends and thank you for taking the time to know and care what is going on in my life and even let me brag on my boy a little. He is home!!! YEA!!!

9 comments:
K, jumped the gun on that one, must have been someone else's car door. Think I am a little over anxious here?!
Little Ty sounds like such a little sweetie! I agree... this is an amazing age- they learn so much and are really becoming individuals :)
Ty is a sweet boy,but so is his mom.
Ty is such a sweetheart. But he gets that from yo guys. You are bringing him up right. He will thank you for that - so will his future wife.
It was fun to learn a little more about Ty. He sounds like a sweetie. It would be so fun if our children got to hang out and know each other.
You are a sweet friend with a heart for prayer.
I loved reading all about Ty and what a sweet boy he is! His teachers will definitely appreciate that! You and Trent are such sweet people, so he has very good models.
Lisa-
Of course I remember you. You were always so sweet and beautiful. You still are I see. Your children are beautiful. The Lance I was referring to was Rieder. I look forward to keeping up with yoou often. By the way brag away:)
Ty sounds so cute -- Sam is still in his Thomas Train phase. He loves to line them all up and can play with them for a long time. His 3rd birthday party was a Thomas party.
We are praying for Amy & the baby all the time. We love her family so much (she was Sam's preschool teacher last year).
You look SOOO good and skinny-mini, by the way!
Post a Comment