Did anyone see the Miss Universe pageant last night? I only saw about the last ten minutes sparatically b/c we were flipping back and forth from the new show Fallen-which was sort of wierd actually. But anyways, I caught the questions for each of the top ten contestants and Miss Puerto Rico asked Miss USA what her greatest fault was. She said," I have a habit of wearing my heart on my sleeve and just seem to care to much about people and want to help them." Hmmm sounds like an attribute to me! Her most interesting place she had ever visited was Lake Tahoe because that is where she went sky diving with her friend that happened to be in the audience. How sad. These are supposed to be role models for girls? I know I am probably actually jealous b/c the girls are so pretty on the outside and secretly wish I looked like that in a bikini but I was just sickened by it.
Got me thinking though............what is the most interesting place I have ever been? I have been to a lot of historical sights but I met my man in Savannah GA last year for a long weekend and we did five different types of tours. I would have to say that is the most interesting place I have been. I loved it there and could easily live there. I love the history, scenery, art, people, and the food is to die for! We got to go to The Lady & Sons, Paula Deen's restraunt- I use her book often. We also met her sons and visited with them by accident b/c I had to sit being in my third trimester with Liv. Tell me about the most interesting place you have ever been and why..........
13 comments:
I didn't watch it but I know what you mean. Everything seems to be so superficial.
So did you change your blog title to Golf Widow?
I have to tell you that you too are an amazing mother. YOu take care of your 2, Trent and work - even if it is just 2 days without much help. So don't count yourself out - you do a fantastic job - your family is blessed to have you.
You are sweet! I needed those words today. Trent is sick and looks like Liv might be too so things are just not perfect right now. Did you hear Miss Puerto Rico fainted on stage when she was crowned. She was darn skinny and I don't know if that had anything to do with it but just did not look real healthy. Yes the title changed......He plays everyday except Sat. & Sun, unless its a tournament weekend which is pretty often during summer. He will be gone 3-4 days out of the week in another month until Chrismas so I am just calling myself what I am! Actually, I got that from Lloyd R.- he told me I was one!
I saw parts of the pageant. It's so boring to watch the whole thing because in the end it really is about who is the prettiest. It really is sad that girls these days think that is how they have to look to be beautiful. They say the camera adds ten pounds so I think it would be a scary sight to see some of those girls in person. Especially in a bikini.
I completely understand where you are coming from about the "Golf Widow" thing. Maybe I should change my blog to "Dr. Widow". If you ever get lonely give me a call. I'd really love for us to hang out.
Savannah is on my list to visit! Scott goes to Atlanta occasionally for work and I always tell him I want to come for the weekend and go there! The most interesting place I have ever been is Abilene. Just because I came from Long Beach and was completely shocked when I got there. I thought it was the smallest town I had ever seen. Moving there was the biggest shock of my life.
The most interesting place I have ever been is Rothenberg, Germany. It is a town that was built in like 1200, and the people who live there still dress up like Bavarians (in the traditional garb). It has many stores and lots of restaurants, and no parking. It's pretty cool, though. Great question, Lisa.
The most interesting place...that is a toughy! I think New York City might be on the top of my list. It was such a mixture of people, cultures, and all kinds of oddities. And on the topic of NYC, while we were there we saw some models on a deal for the Today Show and let me tell you, I hadn't seen girls that skinny in my life, but truly on camera, they looked good. It is scary how the camera changes the way that they look! Let me also say that you are beautiful on the inside and out (and skinny!) and I have often admired that about you!
Hmmm. Most interesting place. That's hard to say. Mark and I got to travel so much when we lived in Virginia. Of course, that was pre-kids. I think the strangest place we went was Salem, MA. They acutally have witch and witch trial museums and real witches that live there. The witches aren't what we think of as witches, it's a religion. They are real earthy people that worship mother earth or something like that. It was still pretty spooky though. It freaked me out a bit.
Gee...Doesn't everyone look like that in a bikini? Had a great time last night! Thanks again!!!
Isn't it crazy to think how much those girls do to prepare for those pageants?
My mom-in-law took my sisters-in-law and me on a cruise and we ended up in Rome. That, by far, is the most interesting place I've been to. So much history. The Coliseum blew me away! I would LOVE to go back with David one day...maybe for our 75th anniversary:).
I don't know that either of us will make it to the live draft. We really do all (husbands, wives, and kids) need to get together! Miss you!
BTW I got the pictures done at Penny's.
Well, I tuned in for your Thursday 13, and instead read your blog on most interesting place. I've been to a lot of places, but if I go with the most recent. . . I went camping with my Dad when I was six months pregnant (with the twins!). We went to the mountains, so it was cold, and went trout fishing and exploring. What made the trip so interesting though, is that he didn't bother to get us anywhere near a bathroom. I got my exercise hustling back and forth in the middle of the night! I think all of that exercise may be why I had an easy delivery. Thanks for asking, and thanks for always leaving great comments!
It seems like lately the most interesting place I've been has been my own house...not to exciting, but the truth. I love that Ballard design's catalog...I am going to get me a BIG M for my house!!! I've been wanting one of those for a long time!
I feel so boring. The most interesting place I have ever been would be the most fun...Cancun. I sure do miss you fun people!
Post a Comment