Monday, June 12, 2006

Kissable Little Cook!



Liv is now enjoying just about every vegetable, here sweet potatoes in a highchair that was originally mine. She also enjoys kisses from dog !

Thankfully Murray is GREAT with both the kids and loves to 'love on them and snuggle up to them! That Furry Murray is a good dog, most of the time!




The two of them can really ham it up for some pics for Dad! We like to think that Ty is being the "Daddy cook here! He LOVES being the "Took"! He likes to pretend to make things in the kitchen for all of us. Funny, all the little boys in my class would rather play with the dishes and food than the blocks or cars anyday! Such a fun age! I can't wait to be able to make cookies together and let him help for real!


Well two summer projects down and three to go. As you can see, I got the little kitchen painted. I still have the details to do but its 'playable'! I also got the curtains for the bedroom done a few weeks ago with my grandmother-in-law, is that a word? Its Trent's grandmother that I have stolen as my own! Her name is Etie and she and I have lots of fun together! She taught me to sew last year and helped me make the bumper for Olivia's bed, sew on ball fringe to the gingham bedskirt that was Ty's, and I worked my way up to making her curtains for her room on my own. She made my kitchen curtains and the ones in Ty's room before I knew how. She also has made some of the best swaddling blankets for both kids. I am so excited to be able to do that now. We also enjoy bi-monthly dates to Furr's together! One of my favorite places that not too many people will go with me! She is fun to be with and a busy little grandmother. She is has social engagements almost everyday of the week and they travel as a couple quite a bit, I want to be like her when I am her age for so many reasons! Ty calls her granmom and is nuts about her and 'DD'. He is where the Phillips humor all began! They crack me up. He still tries to trick me all the time, the more time I spend with them the more I understand my husband!

6 comments:

MDM said...

They are little cuties!! I can tell how cute your house is and i want to see more pictures of it! Did you attach stainless something to the little kitchen? Trent's grandmother sounds so cool and crafty. Have fun!!

Candice said...

I love those pitures of your kids playing. What a cute kitchen! you are so creative!

And that high chair is awesome! It reminds me of pictures of mine as a baby.

Larissa said...

I'll go to Furr's with you anytime! I love it!

Kristen OQ said...

I think I had that same highchair as a baby too -- it looked very familiar!

Sam's favorite toys are strollers, his kitchen set, etc. We are going to have little boys that grow up to be good husbands & fathers!

yumm...furr's! I love cafeteria food and can never talk Kevin into us going to Lubys, etc.!

1literatimommy said...

I would love to see your house. I'll bet it looks awesome; you are a very talented decorator. Can't wait to see you!

bairds said...

Those babies are so cute. Good job on the kitchen. Feels so good to get projects done over the summer.
So you learned to sew "later" in life? I really need to learn how, but just keep letting my mom help me out. I am so impressed with your newly discovered talent.
I am glad to know Ryan will enjoy playing cook. I am finding out that little boys aren't really that different from little girls...at least not as different as I thought they would be.