Well I promised more to come and believe me they just keep coming. One of which we turned down for other blessings. Last week Sprint officially offered Trent the Director of Business Operations (his same job at Alamosa) in Kansas City. I won't write the actual amount because its just depressing to see in writing what we are giving up but I will say it was an obscene amount of money for just his salary and that was not counting bonuses which they guarentee. They said travel would be less to about 50% of the time and were willing to work with him in order to get him there. We know the travel would end up being more than that and the three of us left behind would be alone with no family or friends to help us.
He has been the golf coach at LCU full time for the past three months and I have never seen him happier. The salary is almost laughable but we are making it thanks to his incredible severance and stocks to invest. The biggest perk as I have mentioned before, will be the time we have as a family. School has been out the past week and already we are seeing the benefits of him being around. Golf is his absolute passion and he is so good at it. He won his first tournament this past weekend. That was just him not the school, but talking about the school.... its looking like the girls will be going to Nationals! Pretty neat this being his first year and all.
I am just glad that we are not packing up right now and so excited to be together. Our school will be out in another week and we will then all be out at the course every day. Come home for lunch and naps and then to the park at sundown. Trent and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning last week talking about the traditions we want to start in our family before our kids will remember the difference. We plan on being in The Word together every night after baths and kids are in bed. Its hard not to be greedy on the money end, especially since we now have a second child! But I would rather be greedy on the time issue. I have not enjoyed being a single parent and its just priceless to have a Dad around.
4 comments:
That's so awesome Lisa... I am really so happy for you. I know that is something you have wanted and needed for so long for you and your family.
God is going to take care of you in so many ways and He already has. I love your priorities...they are so very straight!!
The Lord has blessed you. I am so glad that things are working out. It is always when they look the bleakest that you know great things are about to happen, your faith kept you on the right path and you are now reaping the benefits.
Hey Lisa!
I am glad you aren't moving to Kansas City. I know it is wonderful to have Trent around.
Jodi
Post a Comment