Well its the middle of another week and we have already experienced all four seasons weather wise! Summer yesterday, winter and spring today... well we have not actually had fall yet. Anyhoo.... the birthday went great. Trent shot a 30, YES A 30 on the back 9 at LCC and had the time of his life playing with his dad. Surely with playing everyday this summer he will be winning some tournaments! The cake was a hit and Trent was thrilled. We also had a little egg hunt in our front yard with the Everitt cousins. So fun.
We had a little family day Saturday and after early service Trent left for Dallas, so Easter was not really any different from any other Sunday. Although he and the kids were decked out in their finest and were absolutely precious. Trent had record highs to deal with in Dallas with no wind so I think he was pretty thrilled about returning home and did so in time for dinner last night. It was nice to be able to all sit at the table. Well Olivia was in the carrier but ya know.
I had a wonderful time at Ladies Bible Class yesterday, always the highlight of my week. I absolutely love hearing the wisdom from the mature women and now that our 'younger' crowd has grown a little, I have really enjoyed that fellowship! They have a little program, "Tuesdays for Tots," for the kids and will also keep them an extra hour after class. I used to always use this time for my Wal-mart run, and occassionally still do if I absolutely have to. Now I try to go to lunch with the girls. Its SO nice to sit and have a guilt-free lunch. The people keeping our kids are getting paid to do so, not by us, and are not at all put out by it. We get to just visit and eat. A real treat these days. We went to this fun, not just super new but new to me, place called Moe's. I had the most delicious really different nachos ever! So tasty.
One of the girls in our group, Alicia is pregnant and so we were discussing all those baby stories and comparing and talking about names, etc. Made me think about some deciding factors in the names of our children and how it needed to be stated for a reason I won't go all into, but some of you know why. Ty got his name for a couple of reasons. First of all, I always thought it might be Tanner but Trent knew someone by that name in highschool that he was just not real fond of. We kind of wanted him to have the same initials as his daddy and I liked the name Ty ever since the singer Ty Hearnden became somewhat popular. We liked the simplicity of it and so he was called Michael Ty. Being the designer that I am, I used to love the show Designing Women. I still like the re-runs. Do you remember Charlene? She had a baby later in the series that she named Olivia. I think I was in Junior High at the time. I thought it was so beautiful and sweet. It has since become more popular and I have heard it a lot and others have used it and wanted to since before I was pregnant with a girl. But, it was my all time favorite and one of the few that Trent agreed upon. Her middle name is Lane which has also been a long time favorite of mine and come to find out the maiden name of my great-grandmother. Plus it just sounds good with Olivia and phonetically correct, important to my mother :)
Isn't it amazing how people just kind of become their name. Both of their names were picked before they were born and they look like their name! Does that make sense?! I can't imagine them as any other. I hope they like their names as they get older. It seems like now days a lot of people go for the wierder the better so I figure the might actually stand out being classic and all!
Well I am off to take food to some new parents, to eat with the in-laws and onto Wednesday night service! Trent and I have been going to a fun Passages of Marriage class. Nice to be able to go together for the first time in a year. We had better enjoy it while we can because when he will actually be here this summer I will be teaching again in Cradle Roll. They have hit me up again and there are just not enough people willing to do it to say no. Not that I am willing or capable of singing but I just can't say no!
3 comments:
I love LBC also, it is the highlight of my week as well. I was sad that I had to miss yesterday.
Hope to talk with you soon.
It is so amazing how people really do "become" their name. I can't imagine Ethan as anything other than Ethan William. Thanks for your sweet note on our blog - rough week but things are getting back to normal. I think we'll just have some interesting times ahead, but nothing we can't handle! Tell Trent we said hi and happy birthday!
Post some pics of the babes on Easter! I'm sure they were adorable!
Post a Comment