Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Egg Hunt

















Obviously, we had our Egg hunt at school today. I was able to trade places with a teacher and go watch Ty's class. Trent and KayEllen were there also so Ty was in hog heaven! He found a lot of eggs and had a great time. I think I was as much excited as all the kids. We colored eggs in our 3's class, which I had not done since I was a child with my mother. They did really well and there were surprisingly enough, no big messes! They also got some fun cookies to eat after their lunch that their teacher, and my sweet friend, Ms. Courtney brought. It was a fun day had by all!
This past weekend was fun. Trent and I were so excited to just have a day together. We had the morning and ate breakfast and went to Steinmart, where we got his and Ty's Easter attire and some fun glass canisters for my kitchen. We then met his sister Tamara, our nieces Hannah, Haylee, and friend, Trent's brother Tim and wife Em, Mom and grandmother, at one of my favorite places to eat, Furr's. We then went to the mall and roamed around and then to see Ice Age the Melt Down. It was okay, but I was not impressed with the fact that the words crap and damn were used in a 'funny' way. Cute movie for adults though!
Trent then left at the crack again for OK on Sunday and his parents ended up keeping Ty that night and Monday night. It was a nice little break but I still missed the little guy! He did great and I was able to get a shower and sleep a little later Tuesday morning. KayEllen, Trent's mom, picked us up at school Monday and we went out to Seminole to Hayden's game. Ty LOVED playing in the dirt under the stands and it was a great night to be at a ball game. G had the pleasure of bathing him in all his filth!
It actually was not windy but I still ended up with a sore throat, worst one since I had my tonsils out. It actually feels like I still have them, sort of looks like it too which is wierd. My doctor is out of town and the nurse prescribed me pennicillin which I do not feel good about taking with nursing! I told her that but oh, well! There is no time to be sick when your a mom and stay at home! Hopefully it won't last long.

2 comments:

^starshine said...

I wanted to pass along this link to you. I was quite surprised that we have a pharmacology and breastfeeding expert in our own backyard!

http://neonatal.ttuhsc.edu/lact/

Maybe you can find some info to ease your mind... :)

Lisa Renee said...

I checked that out and its interesting. I know its 'safe' to take while breastfeeding but some of the possible side-effects are issues that Olivia already has issues with. I ended up getting the 'miracle' shot and a z-pak today and found out I have a bug.