This past weekend was wonderful. I have had a stressful time leading up to it with Trent being so in the thick of things with his teams. Anyhoo... my parents came in Friday and brought all the fun goodies with the exception of the plants but I will be getting those when I go home in a couple of weeks for Easter. Turns out Trent has a tournament in Dallas so we are going to make a trip of it as well. My parents always go to this wonderful Easter lunch in Irving and we have missed the last couple so I am looking forward to it. The table looks great and I can't wait to get the fabric in to put on the seats of the chairs. The fabric it has now is not bad but the new will give it a real updated look and tie the living room and dining room together. They are kind of open to one another.
I had a wonderful visit with my parents and they were such a huge help while they were here. I barely changed a diaper and my mom got me caught up on laundry. They also allowed Trent and I to go out on what I call a half date, a movie! A full date being dinner and a movie, but until Olivia is on solids that is probably not going to happen. We saw "V is for Vendetta". Neither one of us knew anything about it and it seems I always enjoy movies more that way. Had I had an inkling I may not have seen it but let me just tell you, all of you need to go see it. It has all kinds of symbolism, parallels, and would make for some great discussion. Whoever wrote it is beyond creative. We did not eat dinner that night and instead ate a LARGE popcorn, never ordered that before, and all kinds of candy. We both literally made ourselves sick! It was nice to go out though and when we got home we stayed up late getting him packed and he was off again at 4 in the morning. Because of the late night and early morning and time change, we did not make it to church in the morning. Mom, Dad and I rented "The Geisha"- very different but very beautiful sets. I took them to Rudy's for all their help and we of course made pigs of ourselves!
Today was a good start to a new week. It was nice to have them here this morning so I could take a guilt free shower! I had plenty of time b/c they also helped me get Ty ready and it was much more relaxed for me than a typical Monday! All was smooth and the day went by fast! We are already discussing our "End of the Year" teacher dinner and program. This year is already about over!!! I can't believe it! I am already missing the little boogers in my class and getting sad thinking they will be in someone else's next year!
Tomorrow we have Olivia's 4 month well visit, although she will be 5 months on the 11th! It was the soonest they could get me in. The only time they have available was that day and at 11 which means I will miss Ladies Class and our once a year in-home luncheon. I am pretty bummed about that. I live for Tuesdays for Ladies Class. It is the absolute highlight of my week. I love our studies and hearing from the more mature crowd! Its nice to have an hour without the kiddoes too. Not that I don't love being with them, but ya gotta stay sane ya know?!
Well here we go with another week! Hope everyone's month is starting out well! YEA ITS SPRING!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment