Thursday, March 30, 2006

Hanging In There...

Well, for the next few days anyway, I am not a single mom! Coach Phillips is home until Sunday when he will leave for OK again. I absolutely hate it when he is gone. Its hard not being able to really visit with him with this job. He is always with college students, even in the hotel so there is not a lot of privacy and of course he cannot talk on the golf course. He went from traveling with Alamosa to travel time with golf. It is hard not being able to take him a coke in the afternoon or on our way home from school. He was here a lot in the mornings after his work outs but now he is pretty busy with recruiting so we are just hanging on until summer. It is really nice to see him so happy though and doing something that he so loves. Its so weird to hear people call him coach! His reaction is still a little delayed!

My parents are coming out tommorow afternoon and bringing me lots of goodies! I have been so blessed with some really neat hand-me-downs that are also really special with sentimental value. I am getting a "new to me" dining room table that was my aunt's. Its fairly large and will seat 6 without the leaves (sp?) in. I found some really cool fabric from Ballard Designs that I am recovering the seats in. Its a sort of two tone, sand color leopard print. The chairs are carved with a cane back and the table is a tressle. My aunt has moved into a new place where it will not fit and does not have gas so I am also getting her gas logs! Woo Hoo! Two of my favorite things are sitting by a fire and a hot bubble bath but I already have the tub! I am also inheriting a trunk from my late grandmother that with a new paint finis will serve as a side table in our living room. My mom is a big time gardner these days and has a ton of plants on their long back porch. She is dividing several of them up and going to help me plant some asparagus ferns, verigated ferns and ivy to help my dusty covered porch look a little more spring like, which by the way it actually is the right season here this week. I am so excited to receive all these fun items! We plan on going shopping out at Coyote Candle Co. to get some iron trellis' for the back brick wall in the yard and get the flower bed ready. I love doing stuff like this with my mother! She is so good at it too.

I am going to try to get them to stay until Trent gets back. Sure would be nice to have them around. This last time was the first time I was totally on my own with a toddler and a baby for four whole days. Even the in-laws were out of town. I did it quite a bit when I was pregnant and Trent was in the southeast all the time for Sprint but its quite a bit harder now that the baby is here and that Ty is over two! Man, have I mentioned I can't wait until SUMMER!?!?!?

Well I am enjoying him for the time being and we are planning some dates this weekend for before he leaves and while my parents are here to enjoy the kids. We have not had one in too long. Its hard to believe there was a time when we did once a week! Times are a changing............

6 comments:

MDM said...

Ballard designs is beyond yummy. I know the exact fabric you are speaking of....pictures, please! Olivia's nursery is darling. I can't blow one of the pictures up and I am dyin' ova here!!

Alyssa said...

I know that this is a tough time of year...i hope summer comes quickly for you! Clint is a traveler too- so i am dreading those trips when I have two running around! Enjoy your parents :)

Larissa said...

I really enjoyed visiting with you last night. Thanks for the lending an ear! I hope you have a good weekend!

bairds said...

Lisa, Of course I know who you are! I didn't know you had a blog. I will enjoy keeping up you guys. It sounds like you are doing great.

The Binkley Family said...

Lisa, if you need a babysitter to take a break, grocery shop or whatever, call me!

Kerri Thompson said...

I am singing the same, "Can't wait till summer" song. Hang in there! I too love when my mom comes and we get to working in the yard together. Hope you have a great time with you folks.