Well it was Spring in Fort Worth all week, now we have returned to the brown town and not only is it still brown but its back to winter weather! At least its actually raining for a change. Driving into Fort Worth last week I was so excited to see green everywhere! Also nice breathing in clean air and not smelling dirt while taking a shower! I had forgotten how nice it was to feel some humidity and be surrounded by pretty landscaping!
We went to the zoo Monday which was really nice! A perfect day for it although darn crowded. It was the first day of spring break there too so everyone had the same idea. It brought back so many memories I had of childhood. We used to go all the time and I also took zoo art there. Ty had an absolute blast!!! He tried to scare all the animals with his tiger roar and arms out at them. He loved the petting zoo and carousel in the Texas part. Pop got him some old fashioned ice cream which he had gone in no time. After we finished the animals we took the little train from the zoo over to Trinity Park. I have very vivid memories of doing that as a child and eating picnic lunches over there and playing on the playground completely shaded by HUGE trees, also a novelty for me now! Its a 40 minute ride with a 10 minute stop at the park. Ty was just beside himself! It was so weird sitting there with my parents and two kids remembering how it was for myself as a child...... and now two additional people with me!
I got some great pictures of it all but need some help from one of you if you have the know-how. I forgot my digital camera so we bought some "throw-away" ones and when we had them developed had them put on a disk. I downloaded that Kodak Easy Share thing but can't figure out how to save them to my computer to e-mail or post here. Any suggestions?
The week was absolutely wonderful. I got to go to my favorite lunch place with some friends, "Boo Boo's"- has the best chickensalad sandwhich and broccoli cheese soup EVER! Did a little shopping, saw family and a few friends. Saw Little Amy's new little one- Mr. Cale! Absolutely precious with a perfect mixture of Steele and Davis! This was the first time I have not been ready to come back. I am going to try to go this summer for a few weeks so we will have more time.
Well now its back to the dirt. Did get back just in time to see my Sister-in-law and niece and nephews for a dinner. They had the same break and are headed back to Houston today. :( Ty has such a great time with his cousins and I wish it could be more often. The parents are back with me for the weekend and I am hoping to be productive around the house with them to see about the kiddoes so I won't be constantly interruppted. The weather is keeping us in which is probably a good thing after all the running around we have been doing. Guess I won't be wearing Flip Flops again for ahwile! Oh well.........
8 comments:
I have Kodak Easy Share. But I would either need to do it over the phone with you or show you how to do it.
We need to get together anyway.
See you tomorrow. I am so glad you had such a great time. But am very glad your back.
It really sounds like you had a great trip. I have green envy, this dirt is awful. I leave for my parents' on Thursday. Bring on the green!
Hey, glad you're back! Kyle has had 3. I have to go back for a check up and I'm puting it off, b/c I'm afraid they're going to say he has another. His nose just won't clear up. But mine won't either. So maybe he just has a runny nose. It seems like our whole family has has something for like 2 months now. I don't know...it's getting to be kind of annoying. It seems like someone is always sick. Anyways, I'm glad you had fun. I really did think of you a lot. I made a point to say a quick prayer for you everytime I thought of you. We had a good time. We did some baby shopping with Suzanne. She is so picky!!!!! But I can't and don't blame her b/c she's waited for this for a long time, so she's allowed. It's just a sister thing. Do you know when and where the next study is? I have a new friend that wants to come and we have a really busy week, so I'm trying to plan. Anyways, catch ya later!
I'm glad you had a great Spring Break! I can't imagine smelling dirt like that all of the time, but I'm a little jealous of the no humidity. I miss the dry air in Abilene when we lived there...great for my hair, too!
boo-boo's is the worst lunch spot imaginable. i can't believe you would want to eat there! i would rather cram gas station donuts down on the drive there and order nothing.
i'm just sayin'.
I don't know who you are but you obviously have not visited the same restraunt I am talking about. Too bad really because you are missing out!
ahh, but you DO know me, and i have eaten there with you.
wait, strike that. i have crammed down gas station donuts, and sat with you whilst you ate there.
afterwards, i helped push start a certain (un-named) person's teal frankenstein car.
here's the final hint: i can dance.
Gotcha. I never would have guessed had you not given the hints. You little nut. :)
Post a Comment