I have been singing the words of the great late John Denver for days now since the wedding I coordinated included the songs for the groomsman's parents, he is fromWest Virginia. The groom of my friend Rebecca I mentioned previously, which by the way was absolutely stunning. It is definately thanks to God that the wind waited to blow because the ceremony was outside. Beautiful setting and could not have fit the couple more perfectly! I now have a true 'redneck' to sport home tommorrow!
I am up late doing laundry for the trip and for Trent who will be headed to Florida for a tournament about the time we get back! I have just had too much going on this past week and gotten behind. My husband, kids and I all have the dust croupe! I think mine is turning to a sinus infection but oh well, moms are not allowed to be sick are they! That would be why I am still up and my job never ceases. Sometimes I long for the time in the work place where I could have 'breaks' , go to the restroom in private, get vacation days, or just PTO!!!!! That would be the only things I miss though- at least my political battles here can be won! I always threaten Trent with diapers turning up in un-expected places!
Well the ole' mom made it out here late last night and was a lifesaver at the wedding today helping with Olivia. My mother is so easily touched, which sometimes is annoying to me, but I also appreciate that aspect about her. She was verclept for this family she hardly knows! We were waiting to back out b/c the mother of the bride was surrounded by her other daughter and son who were comforting her while she was balling about 10 minutes after the couple left! My mother started crying too at the sight of it. She went on and on about how beautiful Rebecca was and the whole thing. We laugh about how 'intense' she is and how un-emotional I can be but its something that I think is beautiful about her, being able to see her heart in all she does.
She is helping me with the drive home tommorrow, I am a little scared having a newborn, toddler, and no husband. I wish he could go so bad. We are taking Ty to the zoo and I wish he could be a part of that. I am such a worry wart and hate that about me. Everytime I leave him, the thought actually enters my mind, what if this is the last time we see each other. I do get emotional every time we hug goodbye for trips and I know that is just silly. I have a hard time giving God the reigns with my husband and children. I have a lot of maturing to do.
Well pray for us as the roads take us home tomorrow. I am looking forward to being with family and friends and ALWAYS enjoy sleeping in my old bed! Of course now that the kiddoes join me there is not as much sleeping. Trips like these are hard on the little ones so say a prayer about that also if you think about it. It should be great fun with all of us being sick and all! Great timing aye?! Well..... as soon as I finish the loads of laundry we will be off, as my aunt mimi would say......."Like a heard of turtles!"
1 comment:
Hey...hurd of turtles. Had not hard that one before! Yes, I missed it and I wished I wouldn't have, but it couldn't be helped. I think Kyle is getting sick again. His ears are still bugging and we just finished the antibiotics. We go back to the dr. this week for a checkup. Anyways, I DID think of you and I DID say a prayer for you this morning. I hope you have fun and have a very peaceful trip. I've missed you!
Post a Comment