I think I am special............well that is a positive spin on it! I have been up since 4:45 and just now on my third cup of coffee! Ty had a cough and as soon as he got settled, little girl was ready to roll! I think God is getting a big hoot out of my early morning lifestyle these days. Those of you who really know me, know that my parents had to pull me out of bed to show me that Santa had come on Christmas morning!!!! When Trent and I started dating we would meet on the corner (our apt. complexes were next to each other) at 5 AM to go running every morning. Quite a shock to everyone not only that I would be up at that hour but also to RUN!!! That is how everyone knew I was truly in love! The crazy things you will do for it!
I have a friend (who could be Holly's sister in looks) coming in just a few minutes that could use some prayer. Her husband was hospitalized for two weeks for pneumonia. He is still recovering, in fact just days after he was released their younges of three was hospitalized for the same thing. She has the most delightful girls and I am keeping the older two today so they can get the youngest to the doctor and get some things done. I can't imagine all she is juggling. Say a prayer for Courtney Anne if you think about it. I have gotten to know her through church, ladies class, and she is the director of our pre-school. She is such a sweet person with such a serving heart and I am thrilled to be able to help out.
Trent is on his way home with a breakfast burrito for me! What a sweetie, I am liking this coaching schedule! He was officially fired from Sprint yesterday and it will FINALLY take place March 30th. Now we are down to just two jobs! For those of you who don't know, its a good thing. His company Alamosa was bought out by Sprint early January. We knew it would happen eventually but it was a blessing with our job change because now he receives options and a six month severance! It was a wonderful company and its what brought us to what I refer to as browntown! So crazy how things change. We would be moving to Kansas City right now with Sprint had he not taken the coach position and told them about it. We are going to be poor but happy!!!!
I also want to ask prayers for my friend Rebecca who will be getting married this Saturday. Such an incredible girl and I don't know that I have ever been so excited and happy about a wedding! Talk about God's timing in bringing them together and such a special couple. Its a wonderful thing but please pray for peace, calm, strength, and wisdom as they embark on this time of their lives. She is really one of the most calm people I know but those of us who are married know that we need prayer for these things despite the best circumstances. Its work and Love is definately a decision more than it is a feeling.
I love that I can ask for prayers through this avenue, blogging! What does Blog mean anyway? Does it stand for something, an acronym? I am probably just ignorant on this one. I am not so technical remember! For thos of you who check in on this, you should consider hitting the tab up there and starting your own. Its such an easy way to keep in touch and look in on others. Very therapeutic as well! There is my commercial for the day. Hope all is well in your parts!
7 comments:
Blog means "web log." Just thought I would pass that little tid bit! Your life sounds full and fun. I do remember you from some classes in our dept. Did your husband go to ACU? He maybe looks familiar?! I dunno. My brother is a Trent, also!
I was wondering what was going on with Trent being a coach. I thought he was still at Alamosa.
Everything happens for a reason! :)
Hey girl...I'm planning on going to the wedding. I need to write myself a note, b/c I'm afraid it's going to slip my mind. We are getting better. My voice is still not back all the way, and Nathan is sick now. Other than that, we are all okay. Pet day was pretty cool. No major problems. Suzanne will be here Saturday. You guys always leave when she's coming. Anyways...man I feel your pain witht the early mornings. Last week about did me in. It's been nice to sleep a full night. I hope you have fun in Dallas. You will be in my thoughts. :)
Oh, I didn't make it monday night either!
Scott is in Kansas City right now! Last December Sprint relocated us to Kansas City and we flew up to check it out. I cried a lot. We had just built a house and I live very close to my parents and brother. Luckily for us after about 3 months of limbo the company decided not to move us, just to get rid of the job. Great... but Scott was again lucky enough to find a better job within the company. That place keeps us on our toes! It will be a miracle if Scott actually retires there. I am not a morning person either. Scott wakes up to work out every morning, I sleep as late as I can!!!
No kidding, I wish all my family would blog as well. It's such a great way to keep up with every one. Friends included. But no on will! Urgh! Oh well, I'll keep trying.
MDM- my Trent graduated from LCU and this is where he is now the golf coach. He became friends with the Reid sisters when we were at Prestoncrest in Dallas, that could be why he seems familiar. His (well and I guess mine too) brother-in-law was the basketball coach at ACU for a year and later the AD there also just a year. There are tons of connections in the COC so you could know him from anywhere!
Post a Comment