I took the advice of a friend and did some toilet reading last night! My secret sister from Ladies Class had given me a book entitled "Mom's On The Go." Its a daily reading with scriptures and neat topics. This one happened to be what a blessing a smile can be. I heard an interview with Dolly Pardon once stating how her father always used to say, "If you see someone without a smile, give them yours!" It truly is a gift to get and give and can just make your day. Such a simple thing and what an easy way to share the joy of the Lord. It was nice to have some spiritual encouragement. I guess even if its on the toilet, you just have to get the time where you can get it!
Well its another early day in Ty-ville and I am being summoned. Momeeeeee Momeeee! We are sticking around here today for the most part with the exception of a few errands I think Trent is going to be able to help me with. I STILL have to renew my driver's license! I am still having trouble with the realization that it is 2006. Man I feel old!
2 comments:
Toilet reading...I understand. You know you're life is hectic when you can't even get some privacy in the bathroom. That's the one place that I just refuse to share my time with children. Everyone needs a little alone time, especially on the toilet.
Smiling...how true is that. I feel so connected with a stranger that just simply smiles at me. It's so nice to know, that even if that person is having a crummy day, they are taking a second to give someone else a little encouragement for their day. A person that doesn't smile...well....I just don't like them. :)
Post a Comment