Well it was a cold weekend and somewhat productive. Trent and I spent the entire day Saturday cleaning our closet, the one room in our house that nobody sees and the rest of it is a wreck! I have lots of laundry to catch up on tonight. We did however get to go on a date that night, well for an hour and half, to Harrigan's. Olivia has stopped taking bottles which makes it hard to get away for very long. I would so like just to sleep in together but those days are long gone. Ty gets up at 6 every morning and we take turns on the weekend getting up with him but that leaves the other alone in bed. I did put my roast on that night and it was so nice to come home from church on such a cold day to that awesome aroma! Its my favorite meal of all time and brought back some memories.
I made it the way that my nana used to. She died six months after having a stroke when I was in 6th grade. I was her only grand-child and we had a very special relationship. She kept me until I was school age and then picked me up from school everyday and I enjoyed spending Friday nights with them! I am really missing her as an adult because we have several interests in common such as cooking and sewing. I often wonder what she would think about the person I grew up to be. I wish she could have known Trent and her great-grandchildren. The same for my pawpaw who lived a year after having a stroke and then passed when I was a sophomore in college.
I have been really struggling with time management in recently having a baby in addition to my toddler. Its hard and overwhelming at times but there was a time that I did not think I would ever be married and when it was hard for us to get pregnant with Ty, I thought I may never experience having children. I try to remember that and be thankful for the craziness and mess that all of these people have brought into my life! I have not had my quiet time with God in so long. I have put him on the backburner until Sunday morning rolls around, Tuesday Ladies Class or Wednesday nights. Three times a week is not doing it for me. I need help scheduling and prioritizing. Any suggestions? Ty gets up at 6 on the dot every day. I struggle getting up with him and have not been able to do the early morning deal. I have been staying up late as well trying to get things done around the house. I guess I could while he is watching Disney but is that real quality? Somehow I think its more about quality than quanity. I was having that time in my bath, which i tried to get everynight, which changed to everyother and now its hard to ever get one! I want to spend that time after Ty goes to bed with Trent and I usually end up having to nurse and then I am just too tired and want to go to bed. I was reading "My Upmost for His Highest" and having my prayer time there. I am just so warn out all the time now and depend way too much on coffee for re-energing! Speaking of which, I need a cup to get started on the household chores I let get out of control this past weekend!
4 comments:
First, let me just say that the adjustment from one to two kids is a difficult one. I thought I was going out of my mind trying to take care of two little ones!! With that said...three is actually really easy!!
Second, let me just say again...CHECK OUT FLY LADY!! She breaks down organization and house cleaning into very sizeable and managable chunks. You can't do it all and all at once...but it is very easy to do a little bit here and there every day until one day that is all you have to do to keep the house clean. I'm SERIOUS...check out www.flylady.net
Thank you! That is a great site. How did you ever find it? I did a quick peek and will spend more time there later. Thanks for sharing!
I actually came upon Fly Lady via my Mother in Law. She started "flying" about a year ago and has literally transformed her house. She gave me Fly Lady's book "Sink Reflections" and I've been a part time fly baby for awhile now. It has really helped me get over that feeling of "I CAN"T DO IT ALL!"
The really cool thing is about two weeks ago Fly Lady was in Tulsa and so the MIL made the trek up there to meet her. A very genuine lady, the type you just want to stand next to warm your own spirit.
About your grandmother.....I bet she would just adore the person you have become. Lisa, you know I think so highly of you and have always appreciated your support and friendship. You have this ability to see only the good things in a person and that is such a great quality to have. I think you are one of the most genuine people I know and I bet your grandmother saw it at a young age. Miss you girlie.
Post a Comment