Monday, January 20, 2014

And So this is Christmas......

Here are some home decor pics from this year. I actually only have one pic from Christmas day. We did things a bit different this year. We discussed how blessed they are throughout the year and especially after two of them just having had birthdays, that maybe we should let Santa do the bigger things on other kids who don't have very much all year. Instead Santa just did stockings and mom and dad got them three gifts each to unwrap.  It was really fun to actually unwrap! The idea is to slowly take the focus away from gifts. Eventually I would like to make it just one gift and instead do acts of service with the money we would have otherwise used for their gifts. They are still young and I want them to enjoy the magic of Santa but I don't want them to grow up thinking Christmas is about getting.  They got up long before us and opened their stockings so I have no pics of that! We went to Trent's parents the night before and had a wonderful meal followed by gift opening there and lots of sitting by the fireplace :) Christmas Day we stayed home all day and just played games and watched movies! It was wonderful!
bakers rack in kitchen, new baker santa from my mother

olivias tree in her room







No comments: