So aside from the awfulness of my dad's injury, we have had quite a bit of illness around here. THREE WEEKS to be exact! It wasnt too long after the fourth that it started with my oldest from fever turned breathing problem to be dealt with by steroids and our first experiences with many breathing treatments, only to be passed on to his sister as of last Sunday and still having horrific cough and fever til today, and now to the youngest who seems thus far to have the mildest form.
Ty gets back from camp tomorrow and will immediately go to the safety of my mother from all this YUCK. I am so sad! I want to hear all about it but it will have to be over the phone I guess! Thankfully one of the couselors has been putting up pictures on the facebook page all week. The bad news, I have seen my son in the same shirt that he left on Sunday in EVERY SINGLE DAY. I guess the packing clothes for the appropriate day (favorite team, camo day, hawaiian day, etc) in a ziplock with the day across the front (Monday, Tuesday,etc,) was a complete waste of my time!! I mean I think its weird nobody has noticed and taken control of that 9 year old situation and I am just crossing my fingers that he has not also slept in these clothes each night!!! It doesn't matter right???!! I need to cut the cord.
Well I have now been in my house except a trip to the doctor with the girl on Tuesday, for FIVE days. I was ranting to my husband that I am caught up on laundry and housework and if I had to be here I wanted to be productive, so he was kind enough to deliver some paint to me on his lunch hour today :) I knocked out the guestroom/soon to be my office today and will start on my daughter's room tomorrow. She picked her favorite color turquoise! Maybe Ill have some fun pics to post soon of my progress! I am in love with a Better Homes and Gardens color from walmart Called Creamed Coffee.... yes there is also the fact that I am in fact have quite an addiction to coffee, but the color is actually a very warm gray. I painted my master the last week of May and decided it would be perfect in our guest/office as well! Not that we ever have a ton of guests but the time occassionally arises and its turned to be quite a snuggy little room that I am blogging in this very moment.
Guess my burst of energy from painting earlier has not warn off because even with two melatonin here I am just a typin away! Faint sounds of coughing from two rooms :( We have been swimming a total of five times in two months. If I hear another thing about back to school I am going to throw up. We have not even had a summer yet!! No trip for us this year until October. We are tagging along on a business trip to Utah then. There have been popsicles and even a blow up pool, as well as trips to the library and bike riding, so its not a total loss I guess. I am definately not a woman that would make a good homeschool mom, and would ruin my children... but I sure enjoy having them here with me all day. I wish this particular summer could last forever. Their ages are so great. I want to freeze time and soak up these moments that I know will fade in a year even. I am so incredibly in love with these kids that I can't hardly stand it.
I don't want to go back to real life of the hustle and bustle of activities and juggling homework and dinner and stuffing too much into the four hours I have with them before its time for baths and bed and starting it all over again to be at school by 7:40, which makes me mad all over again every morning that our district starts so early! Its ridiculous. I like this fantasy land of my job being on hold, lazy mornings, no schedule, lots of snuggles and a rest time each day. Don't know that I will ever be ready to give it back up again. Sigh.......
No comments:
Post a Comment