So since my last post have been to my parents house, cleaned out FOURTY years of things in their garage, a room and closet. I worked from 7-9 for two days but got it done. I had my aunt's help and could not have done it without her or their precious neighbors who took the majority of the garage. That time was hard but I was blessed by the time with my aunt. I also inteviewed and got bids from contractors during that time. We found the perfect match and demolition starts Tuesday.
We also celebrated his 70th birthday with a surprise!!! He was very touched and I think it was just the boost he needed
The time line has shrunk significantly, Here we are inching up on his release, which we hope is the end of July. My mom and I went Monday throught Thursday this past week at 7 each morning to learn how to get him out of bed and ito a wheelchair. There is SO much to remember because of his specific injury and the possibility of pressure wounds. We did it without help Thursday with the exception of packing his current pressure wound. My dad was a trooper through it all. This is at least an hour long process with his help. My heart breaks for him as it is the most humility I have ever seen a person go through. At one point there were four people in the room while he lay completely un clothed for 30m minutes. It also made me aware of how incredibly difficult it is for him.
Thursday he was able to come to the fourth of July parade with us. I hope to upload pictures soon. It was the most perfect day weather wise and he did great through it all. The kids LOVED having him there! It was also my husbands first time to go, he is not typically a fan of parades but he ended up having a blast.
I am fearful and nervous about my dads release for many reasons but am trying to completely hand it over to The One who is in control anyway. This time has changed me and helped me to grow in ways I never imagined. Its been quite a juggling act, like china in fact. All things that are most precious to
me are having to be balanced and I struggle trying to keep everyone happy. Its just life I know. I will only be stronger and more intentional because of it.










No comments:
Post a Comment