Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crazy to Lazy

  Last week was a doozy of one. Was hardly able to work on anything design related and things at our pre-school were not so great. LOTS of illness, with teachers AND kids, a major kid situation, all the while we had Scholastic Bookfair and our big fundraising spaghetti dinner Thursday night, also the night my husband left town for a golf trip in Ruidoso.  Usual afterschool activities and homework left me feeling exhausted. 

  The amazing thing is that everything went rather smoothly despite all the circumstance. Our director was out and the assistant stepped up to the plate and handled everything with a smile and incredible grace.  I managed to keep my cool and find joy in interacting with so many through the fair and dinner.  My house however suffered tremendously. I hardly stepped foot in it except to sleep, and my room to the major brunt of it. Feeling guilty about not fixing that as I type!!  Laundry got done at night but its clean ALL OVER MY ROOM! I am not able to spend ANY amount of time in there with out Levi following me and getting into stuff.  So I leave it and run b/c I don't want it in my living room!

  The best part of my week was last night when my daughter left for a slumber party and my two good girl friends came over to enjoy a pappa murphy's meditteranean pizza ( MY FAVORITE) and a little wine on the back porch with wonderful catch up conversation which was only interuppted a few times from the boys who mostly watch tv in their room.  I just don't get that enough.  I am not one who likes to have a girl's night out so much, but I absolutely adore a girls night in!

  The Design business is taking off slowly. I have partially finished one clients entry and dining and am working online with another and been introduced to several builders who have sent business my way. I am hoping to get involved in holiday decorating and there is a strong possibility I will be involved in our town's Parade of Homes tour next June.  Its rolling and I feel like I have no time!

 I'll leave you with some more fun fall pics and a preview of my shared boys room which is almost complete with the exception of hung drapery and wall art.





This is a friend's table for a party I helped with. She had all the stuff and I just put it together and added ribbons and rafia.



No comments: