Tuesday, October 30, 2012

AND... back to crazy!!!

The design business is picking up. Mostly the Holiday side but picking up new residential clients as well added to the on-going two I have been working with. I was painting a ceiling medallion Thursday at a client's home. I had to leave because I ran out of paint. I had not eaten anything that day and was going to run home and grab some bread with peanut butter before picking my two year old up at PDO. That is when it alll began.....

I walked into my kitchen hearing water spray and seeing a floor with pooled water in the center. Looked under my sink and water flowed out the cabinets. I thought it was my RO system and called Culligan first. They sent someone out the moment they got my call and then walked me through the valve shut offs. Did all that, water still running. I turned off the water at the wall. HUGE shout out to Culligan man- the valve had corroded and he had the tools on his truck to change it out. He also brought in a shop vac and fan. This was not even their issue. So we thought we were on the way to recovery. Ummm...... NO.

I walked in the living room and as I put pressure of my foot on the floor water came through the grooves of the planks of my wood laminate flooring. It was also running under the wall in common with the kitchen and living room. I called the Culligan man off and had to call in the big dogs.  DANG.

Long story short, they had to rip out all flooring and run 12 industrial drying units as well as 3 HUGE (size of outdoor a/c Units) de-humidifiers that hoses running into sinks in every bathroom.  This lasted FIVE DAYS.

We are now back in our house after a hotel stay, that I have to say was not that hard on me! No cooking or cleaning for FIVE DAYS! Returning home however has made my stomache turn. Everything is displaced. We are living on concrete. Went from no shoes in the house to don't take your shoes off til your getting in bed! It will probably be a month before we have flooring due to the insurance and ordering, getting in, and installing new flooring.

Where I could use your prayers:
1. Was supposed to have a cooking party for my daughter here in two weeks... thinking it will probably actually be better with concrete floors but there is some stress involved there.

2. The place we bought our flooring is no longer here. Matching the old is important because we cannot afford to replace flooring in the bedrooms.  Otherwise it would not matter. Pray we get a fair price for what we lost.

3. This has been especially fun with my toddler who cannot seem to keep his shoes on, and falls all the time. 

4. Prayer of Thanksgiving. This is so much easier to deal with than something like a fire or to where we lost unreplaceable items or someone could have been hurt. Thankful we HAVE insurance that is good. Its a pain and inconvenient but a spec in the grand scheme of things. IT is setting us back financially with our deductable and out of pocket expenses that have to wait to be re-imbursed. We are THANKFUL that we have jobs and can scrape by in the mean time.  We are THANKFUL for family and friends who stepped up and helped us with our kids on Thursday and Friday and for blessing us in areas that I can not share.  God is good ALL THE TIME.

No comments: