I typically think of my mom when I am sick and how she was always great to take care of me. Even as an adult, remember Spring Break?! Well Levi woke up at 4 AM Sunday morning with horrible tummy issues and a very high fever. I stayed up with him until 6:30 and then got the rest of my family up for church. We go to early service. Its not what I would pick but I have been going to early since I met my husband and its actually a whole lot easier on little kids since they are up anyway which makes us as well! Well as I got a quick shower and am drying off they pull me into the kitchen before they leave. I was SO surprised! I don't remember another Mother's Day with a bunch of gifts!
The best part is Trent let THEM pick them out and they did really well! I left it out all day and enjoyed each time I walked past that table. I would have LOVED to have been on the pew with them but baby needed me more. He woke up at about 7:45 and was still in pretty bad shape. I have mentioned before that usually if he is awake he is on the move. Its actually made me really sad not to EVER be able to hold him or just love on him unless he is still out of it and not aware, and that usually only lasts all of around 5 minutes. I HATE that he was sick but I sure enjoyed holding him. This continued on until around 5 in the evening. Poor little dude. He has been fever free since then but still having tummy issues so we are home today. The day before I was home taking care of Livi who was vomitting!![]() |
| sick lil bear |
![]() |
| SO nice! |
Being a mom is down right exhausting. I never knew I had it in me. I am an only child and having three has been tramatic! The loudness and chaos were a hard transition for me. I will say that I have finally acclimated and actually not as aware of it. I will never forget being annoyed with my husband as he was throwing my children on the couch and encouraging them to jump up and down. Not because I was afraid of them being hurt, but because they kept hitting the wall and messing up my pictures! He said to me,"Did you not EVER jump on a couch??" My response," Uh NO!" I probably grew up a little too fast and have realized I have another chance to be a kid :) I want them to have fun memories of me.
There are a lot of things I really enjoy about being a mother. I love seeing their faces as they run to me after school every day. I love lazy mornings when they lay all over me and I can steal kisses on their heads. Twirling Ty's curly hair and stroking my hands through it when I go to wake him up for school in the morning. I love bath time with my little one, playing with his bath toys with him and hearing his giggles. I love brushing my daughter's long silky hair and putting int in buns and braids for dance. I LOVE dressing up dolls with her and have so much fun shopping for her, whether its girl toys or clothes. I enjoy being Ty's biggest fan at the baseball field and never thought I would be so competetive! I love mornings after hearing my name called and go to get Levi how he reaches his arms out to me and lays on my shoulder. They each have had a huge impact on me. Ty has helped me to learn patience- not there but working on it! He has more energy than anyone I know although his brother is a close second! His random hugs and kisses are pleasant surprises and reminds me to do it more myself. Let's just say touch is not my love language. Olivia helps me to have compassion and think of others more. She is always looking on the bright side when I am being negative. She has a beautiful heart. All of these things are not from me and I clearly see why the Lord has made them and put them in my life. I think He teaches through them more than I teach TO them!
I have to end with my favorite memories of my own mother:
*My mom used to put me on her waist and twirl around and sing the song 'Oh How We Danced On The Niiiiiiiiight' and would throw me over her shoulder and pretend I was a purse! LOVED THAT!
*The day we went shopping for my wedding dress. We went to a place in Dallas right by my church and then went and ate at Chili's right by it. Had the most fun laughing and then went back and got 'THE' dress. One of my favorite days.
* The day my first son was born and seeing her hold him for the first time with tears in her eyes.
*The night we brought him home from the hospital I went to change his diaper in his bassinett and saw his circumcision for the first time and just started crying uncontrollably. She just came and held me and encouraged me.
* Our trip to Nacadoches on Mother's Day weekend probably 15 years ago. Had SO much fun shopping and lunching and staying up late talking.
| My Mom |
We enjoy a lot of the same things and I hope that as my children get older we can do more of these types of things more often. I am in the thick of craziness with schedules and if one is not sick another is. Probably the best time in my life at the same time. Motherhood is a gift in MANY ways. He is forming through it. Helping me understand His love and pain. So blessed to be able to have experienced it.



2 comments:
I love hearing about your Mother's Day, sweet children and memories with your Mom. I have to say being a Mom is my greatest treasure.
What a well-worded post! Happy Mother's Day to you!
Post a Comment