Friday, March 02, 2012

projects


Entry BEFORE







At one time I would have LOVED this wallpaper. It was not bad, but did not go with what I have going on in my living room. However a Pack and Play and a few stationary toys occupy it currently, so I guess its not like being as decorative as I would like is a possibility. Have I mentioned I have a VERY active two year old??? The third IS NOT laid back in our family. I never even used that pack and play with the other two except when they were tiny if we traveled, maybe twice?!! Actually that is not even the same one. My hardly used one got passed along and thankfully I had the blessing of having one passed to me. I digress....

After pic, another Ballard purchase. NOT cheap and although I have a degree in Interior Design, two double rolls was not enough to cover my little entry. The third double roll should be here tomorrow.



Still looking for a 4' round natural and black indoor outdoor rug and maybe some old suitcases and seat to finish it off. I am having a hard time finding either at a price I would like to pay. Apparently 4' is not common for what I want. I prefer indoor/outdoor or polypropolene for easy clean. You HAVE NO IDEA how dirty the town I live in is. Dust storms weekly these days.



I originally planned to paint this red area an olive green to go with accents in the adjoining living area but now I am leaning toward the red. What do you think? A friend suggested I rub some black paint into the grooves of the texture that the previous owner attacked several rooms of my house with. I am thinking YES.



Under Sink Cabinets before
They are a little more beaten up than you can tell from this picture. I thought I had one up close but can't find it.




I bought some bee fabric from my favorite, Ballard and although I CAN sew and indeed DO own a sewing machine, I opted to ask a friend for a favor. Its called reality for me at this point in my life. I seriously do not know where all these blogging mom's find the time to create beautiful things, keep a home, and run children all over the earth. I also have a part time job and barely can find the time to do the essentials!






Wish I had a skirted farm house sink, but this is the next best thing for me.

















4 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

LOVE it! I wish you lived closer to me so I could get you to help me come up with some simple ideas. Those transformations are awesome!

Alyssa said...

Love it!! Come to Oklahoma and help me do my house!!

Lisa Renee said...

WOULD LOVE TO! Wish I lived closer and were able to see you both more often. Hope your all having a great week!

Linnea said...

You have a beautiful home!