







WOW, February is a BUSY month at our house this year! After Valentines Day, we had a baseball tournament in Midland. Our team's first travel one ever! Just my second time to this town, and althought I had hoped to see Laura Bush's home tht she grew up in, it was still a great time. It was COLD. The boys did absolutely great. The last game was ugly, but in their defense, they had been up late the night before, our game had been delayed to start at 9:15, then we were the first to play that Sunday morning. They got up at 6:30, then went to Gattis for lunch and just plum ran out of gas on that last one. They did still take away third place!
I can't believe its this time of year again. The team has been practicing year round and doing hitting and skills lessons at LCU. It SHOWS! We have another tournament starting tomorrow, but its local. Of course it has been spring like temps all week but tomorrow a cold front hits. Typical. They play at 8 AM when it will be 28 degrees! I think I am going to skip that one, as not to drag my toddler who won't sit still anyways out in the bitter cold. He puts a whole different spin on watching/attending baseball games. IMPOSSIBLE. I have learned that if we don't have a sitter, its not worth trying to go. Thankfully, my mother in law kept him the weekend we were in Midland, otherwise it would have been a nightmare!
Ty is bombing hits. Its amazing how far he has come and loves it! I am enclosing pics of the coldest, yet BEST GAME THEY HAVE EVER played as a team. Thankfully there are several 6 year old little sisters for Livi to play with and had such a great time with this sweet girl! They played tag to keep themselves warm and had quite the little snack set up each game. Despite the cold, a great time was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment