Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Birthday & Valentines

I have the blessing/curse of being born the day before Valentines. This year marked #38. Wow. Its going fast now. I don't feel it in some ways but my baby sometimes makes me feel even older! Technically, I COULD be his GRANDmother. Seems like a lot of people in this part of Texas, who are my age, have much older children. The day was nice. We got a SNOW DAY!!! School CANCELLED! It snowed almost 5 inches on Sunday (of course we made snow ice cream) and did not warm up a bit until noon, but it was weird b/c once it started it got to 56. Then the snow day seemed sort of silly! We took advantage of the melted snow and clear roads and met my MIL, SIL and her family and Trent for lunch at Pei Wei. One of my favorites!!! I got my usual Orange Peel Chicken, Mmmmm. That afternoon was spent doing my favorite things like laundry and cleaning ;) I DID however get to read a few chapters or my book while Levi was down for his nap. I am reading Redeeming Love, that my friend Jenelle lent me. MAN ITS SAD! I keep hearing its amazing and a life changer so I am keeping at it. Its made me want to get back into period books again too. I just may pick up my Little House series again when I am finished!

Trent was wonderful and hired a sitter and took me to eat at Rain Uptown. A bunch of my girl friends took me there for dinner last year and I had not been back since. Trent had not been at all so it was a real treat for us both. I felt like I was in a whole other town. Great food and cozy atmosphere. We went to a movie after ward adna saw Safe House. TWO MOVEIS IN ONE MONTH??? WHOAAAAA NELLY, I am getting all crazy!

It was a perfect day AND we were in bed by 10:30. We love our sleep. I was surprised to recieve a few texts and calls and Linnea even sent me a book I had been seriously looking into purchasing without even knowing it! Linnea is my friend that I have had since 1st grade. We are six days a part and have always celebrated our birthdays together, although now its through mail :) She NEVER forgets. Its pretty special to have a history like that with someone who always makes you feel good on your special day regardless of the number.


Valentines was CRAZY but good. This was the first year I have gotten valentines for my family, and look forward to making it traditon. They each got a bag-o-love this morning before school, and we are having a special Valentine dinner tonight after basketball practice of course! I got special Valentine plates, goblets, and even sparkling grape cider :) It seems rather appropriate to celebrate God's Love with them, since they have helped me to truly understand how HE feels.

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was great.

I think you will LOVE Redeeming Love. Favorite book ever. All of her books are amazing.

Loving the Vegas trip too! How fun!!!

Lisa Renee said...

Thank you Jennifer! Hey, I need your blog address again. I somehow deleted my list :(

Linnea said...

I am glad your day was special!
Right back at ya! luv ya!