Christmas Eve: Chicken Pox ( due to cradle roll teacher not knowing she had shingles at the time) You have to be a year old to get the vaccination and he was 10 months. It was fine really b/c he was oblivious to the fact he had spots covering his face, but it prevented he and his dad from being around family at his very first Christmas :( Side note, that next morning Trent ran out of the room with a stomach bug as our kids ran in to see 'Santa's' loot :(

January: RSV
February: week before his birthday- his little finger was severed in the hinge side of my daughter's door. It was horrific. My least gracious moment of my life as I was yelling at ER nurses, in my defense I was holding a screaming infant trying to keep him from getting to the finger I held in a papertowel as they were asking me what he was allergic to. First off he was born there and they have access to everything on one page, second he is not quite a year old and we have no idea what he may be allergic to! Trent said he would hate to see me in a life threatening situation, well me too!!!
March: first week- stomach bug and pulled stitches out of his re-attached finger.
week before spring break- we think may have been the flu. March:Fever everyday for 5 days and at one point was up to 104.
Well the Spring has begun with three games now under our belt, and three days of blowing dirt! The JOYS of living in Lubbock Texas! The true joy will be this summer. Seriously the summer nights here are priceless and we spend most of them on our patio. I am VERY much looking forward to summer this year and hoping to return to the pool on a regular basis, now that baby is old enough to have sun block! Spring Break teased me hugely! We had a wonderful time and were able to get away but that will be another post later. I will include pictures soon to go along with the finger and pox. They are going in his baby book as well! He has recovered by the way. The finger looks terrible but at least it no longer has to be bandaged!
2 comments:
Oh. My. I'm not getting over the mental image of your baby's finger being severed and you holding it in a papertowel! Bless you!! And bless him!! And my little Jackson also had RSV and the flu and even a double ear infection all at the same time. Those were some scary nights. Hugs Lisa!
Oh, wow. You have had your hands full! He is such a cutie. I cannot imagine that I would be any calmer in the ER if that had been me!
Post a Comment