Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Two months post baby Levi

Life has been very different around here the last couple of months! Sheer exhaustion took over about a month ago. I think I was running on adrenalin those first few weeks. We made it through several trips with Trent being gone and now his season is over. Of course now HIS season begins! We have all adjusted though.

Levi was 9lbs and 3 oz 22in. at his two month appointment. The little dude is really growing and starting to show it! He is now a good little sleeper and is waking up just once each night around 4 to eat, well that it technically morning I guess. He is a little fussy when he is awake unless he is being held.. .. that has been a challenge. I have tried letting him go awhile and only if its right before a rest time will he eventually go to sleep! Does great for bed time though. Just feed, swaddle, and he is out :)

I had forgotten how fast your day goes with a newborn baby. I feel like all I do is nurse, maybe get one task done and then here we go again and then its time to pick up Ty and Olivia. I have been a little overwhelmed with housework and laundry and then get depressed looking around at all the mess! I know its just a season and will pass but its hard when your in it!

Levi started smiling last night at his daddy and has given me seveal this morning! It brought tears to my eyes! I had actually become a little concerned that he had not been making eye contact or smiling at exactly two months... he was just a week or so later! This little guy is just doing everything on his own time! He is definately his own little person but physically seems to be an exact clone of his dad. THAT is crazy. I mean I see some of Trent in both Ty and alot in Olivia but this dude takes the cake!

Speaking of those two monkeys, they are doing great with Levi. They are super sweet and attentive to his needs as well as mine and have really fallen in love with him. Ty talks about him like he is a regular person! For instance Ty had a field trip two weeks ago, which will be my next post, and was telling me his whole family would be coming. I responded that in fact it would just be me because Dad was gone and Livi would be at school.. and he corrected me with AND Levi! Well yes, he goes everywhere I do but I am not as good at including him individually! He talks to him and so does Olivia like he is a lot older than he is! Cracks me up.

I finally finished Levi's room and even though its mostly Ty's baby things, I personalized it with some art. Ty's new room is finally starting to seem like a real room instead of the playroom with a bed in it. We just now moved our computer armoire into our kitchen which is better all around and I think especially for the next few years where its in a common 'public' place.

All is well here. Pictures to come soon, I promise! For my family that reads but never comments (LOL)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad he's turning into a good little sleeper for you... 2 months and only one nighttime feeding is awesome! It sounds like Ty and Olivia are crazy about there little brother.. that is so sweet. You hang in there... I can't imagine shuffling 2 older kids around with a newborn... you are amazing!!

Pop said...

Glad to hear that Levi is sleeping at night. Also, that Olivia and Ty think of him as a brother and not as just the new baby....Glad that he is smiling- - -he is a cute little feller.
Dad

Ashley said...

I am ready to see some more pictures of that cutie, Levi! Glad you guys are doing well! I can't imagine the transition to 3 kiddos!