Friday, April 09, 2010

Easter/Meme's 60th birthday
























































Our Easter was actually more of a typical Sunday. We were low key b/c that evening we celebrated my Mother-in-LOVE's 60th birthday. Her birthday is actually March 24th but she was out of town and Easter turned out to be the only day that all four of her children and their families could get together. We went to Harrigan's and had a wonderful meal and time. We all had put together a book of sentiments for her with notes and pictures from many close friends and family members. She is the type of person who does not like to bring attention to herself and insisted in no big party, so this was the next best thing to include all that love her. I hope I look half as good at 60! She truly is beautiful inside and out!

We did our Easter baskets before church that day and they were a definate hit! I think putting together Easter baskets is my next favorite thing to Christmas stockings! I actually did it two months early for the first time in my life! I did not know what to expect with having a newborn this time around so I thought it best to take care of before baby arrived. I am carrying on that theme and actually have done some Christmas shopping this week!

We did have a wonderful day all around. It was beautiful and warm for the first time in years. We had family time that afternoon and it was a really blessed day!










5 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

LOVE the pictures! Glad you guys are doing well. Thanks for your advice the other day!

Amy said...

Cute Easter Pics! I'll be happy to look half that good at 60!! You have a sweet family... I'm still planning on coming by to see if Olivia wants to come play with Hannah!

Sara said...

Precious pictures! Love the 'easter surprise' in that basket! Cute. And that cake looks yuuuumy! Miss you...

Michael Ann said...

HEY! CONGRATULATIONS PHILLIPS FAMILY!!!!

I am a moron, I haven't checked your blog, and was totally thinking that the baby wasn't due until this month! What a shocker I had when I caught up a minute ago on your blog. Levi is PRECIOUS!!! I love his name. So cute. How is everything going? I am so mad at myself for not paying better attention and missing out on all the action when he was born. Anyways, so glad he is here safe and sound and you are doing well. He is an angel. Love you guys!

Sarah said...

So sweet, loved the pics of Levi in the Easter basket- he is beautiful!!