We did something different this year. I had actually planned a party similar to years past but Olivia requested a tea party. Because our space is limited, I told her she could invite four friends, since she was turning four. She invited three friends from Calvary (Rylan, Avery, and Mia), where she goes to school, and our good friend and neighbor across the street, Ella. It was really harder for me I think to narrow it down, mainly b/c I did not want any mommies to feel left out but it is not MY party is it?! It was really nice with a smaller number and I think because of this all of the girls were able to enjoy each other and make the most of the time. I know that Olivia did! We started with getting dolled up in the items at the table. Then the girls headed inside for story time where I read, Gigi' God's Little Princess, Royal Tea Party. Then we headed back to the table for tea (aka, strawberry lemonade), lady finger peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches, and fruit kabobs. Next we passed out cupcakes for the girls to decorate. Then the birthday festivities of candles and presents began. I am pretty sure fun was had by all! The invitation in the frame was a mess up b/c of the date, tomorrow November actually is Miss O's birthday. We will be bringing chocolate sprinkle donuts to share with her class and I hope to jump away from work for a minute to bring her a happy meal for lunch. This little girl certainly is growing up. She still loves baby dolls but her favorite will always be dogs, which she treats like baby dolls! Her favorite person is still her brother. If she could pick what she ate every meal it would be anything chicken. When we get a treat at Sonic she orders a Rootbeer everytime. She still loves to snuggle in the morning yet now prefers Strawberry milk as opposed to the chocolate of the past. Her favorite book is Pinkilicious and she LOVES to be read to! The time is really flying by......sniff sniff...........











5 comments:
cute!!! happy bday liv!!
What fun!! That is such a cute idea. And we do the same thing--they are allowed to invite the same number of friends as years old they are turning. It has worked so far! :)
Super-duper cute, lisa!! What a terrific little party and I love the decor! ;)
What a sweet celebration! I know I would have felt special to have such a party...Olivia sure has a cool mom!
So wishing I had a girl to do that with! Fun times!!!!
Post a Comment