I have now made two trips to various stores and will be having to make a third to complete the standard school supply list for Preston Smith, where Ty will be starting Kindergarten in just a couple weeks!!!!! This is completely out of control. Its not anything like when I was in school. We need 6 packages of CRAYOLA crayons, which amounted to $18, and that is only one of the 15 items on the list!!! 24 glue sticks, two packages of CRAYOLA markers, among many other items. Very frustrating when the ROSEART brand right next to it is a quarter of the cost!! For instance, on the crayons... Roseart was only .99 and Crayola was $2.99, the difference is more than the price.... totally different color hues. Had I had my act together and purchased them through the PTA by May 15th it would have been $55, which I thought was outrageous at the time, now its close to $70!!!! FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure insanity. No wonder som many have to be donated b/c kids can't afford them! That is half of our grocery bill! The stinkiest part of it is not one store carries everything on the list. I now have to go to Mardel's to get 9X12 multi-construction paper, I am just hoping they have it. This is beyond ridiculous. I will be biting my tongue on meet the teacher night!
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Baseball and School Supplies
I have now made two trips to various stores and will be having to make a third to complete the standard school supply list for Preston Smith, where Ty will be starting Kindergarten in just a couple weeks!!!!! This is completely out of control. Its not anything like when I was in school. We need 6 packages of CRAYOLA crayons, which amounted to $18, and that is only one of the 15 items on the list!!! 24 glue sticks, two packages of CRAYOLA markers, among many other items. Very frustrating when the ROSEART brand right next to it is a quarter of the cost!! For instance, on the crayons... Roseart was only .99 and Crayola was $2.99, the difference is more than the price.... totally different color hues. Had I had my act together and purchased them through the PTA by May 15th it would have been $55, which I thought was outrageous at the time, now its close to $70!!!! FOR SCHOOL SUPPLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure insanity. No wonder som many have to be donated b/c kids can't afford them! That is half of our grocery bill! The stinkiest part of it is not one store carries everything on the list. I now have to go to Mardel's to get 9X12 multi-construction paper, I am just hoping they have it. This is beyond ridiculous. I will be biting my tongue on meet the teacher night!
5 comments:
So what league is the coach pitch in? We see Trent and Ty by our house practicing alot. Looks like they are having fun! Gotta love school supplies. It usually is cheaper through the PTA and it rasises them a little money. You are going to be a great PTA mom!
HA! PTA mom... THAT is hillarious. Yes, definately learned my lesson and will be buying through the school every year from now on! I just didn't know better and did not have my act together to do it by the May 15 deadline... I was still in shock to be AT the school I think!
Oh, its Fall Ball in Wolforth
It's probably because the school won't supply enough of the supplies. But really, when it comes down to it, I doubt a kid fails elementary based on the brand of colors. I would have rebeled and gotten the less expensive ones. But, I'm crazy like that. :)
Wow girl! Maybe it's because it's a newer school with less of a stash from previous years... ours were $18 total with PTA ordered the week before school started. I would've done the same as you if I'd seen $55 last spring...
Post a Comment