I also turned 35 last week- really weird to me. I am now officially 'middle-aged'! Should I be going through some mid-life crisis or something?! Getting a new sports car is not an option for me however I would REALLY like some of that alternative to botox that lasts a year- in my wrinkled forehead and around my mouth. I now make sure to wear a moisturizer with sunscreen in it and age-defying mineral make-up! I guess its showing a little on the outside now, but I sure don't feel it on the inside. Mostly, I am feeling just really blessed to have had 35 years on this earth in able to experience so many incredible things. I was really encouraged by some very dear friends over the week and spent most of the week just verclept! Maybe its hormones but I really felt God's love through some super special people.
I purposely made a hair appt. for that day! Oh how I love to get my hair done! Also had the pleasure of meeting my inlaws and T's grandmother at Furr's for lunch- one of my favorite places!
Trent and I celebrated my birthday, which also happened to be Friday the 13th (how fitting for me!) by going to eat sushi and then to a movie, New In Town, which was absolutely hillarious! We had the blessing of a kid free evening which was so very nice for just one night! He left the next morning at 6 AM for Phoenix. The season is in 'full-swing'!
I was able to get out for an evening with some of my favorite girls last Thursday and had more fun than is natural just painting a plate! I even went into the 'ugly' crying laugh! Now THAT is a good night! My Sister-in-law was Emmy (or Emili as she is known to most of the world) was there too but left before we thought to get a picture. She had to get home to those babies to get them put down.
I am also including some pics of Ty with his best bud, Cole. He and Ty became friends last year in Mrs. Hess's class but now Cole goes to a different school. We still get together for play dates and this was taken at Cole's birthday party the day he got the flu! There is also a pic of Olivia with her best buddy, Avery. She NEVER stops talking about Avery. She only comes on Tues/Th so Olivia is always sad on Mon/Wed! From what I hear from Brandi, Avery feels the same way!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! You so do not look 35, so don't worry about it!
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Us mommies have to stick together! :)
Happy Birthday Lisa. I am glad you had an awesome birthday. Soo glad to know that 35 wasn't tooooo painful. And, you look absolutely fabulous at "middle-aged"--I've read 30 is the new 20! :)
Happy Birthday! I am glad you got to have a girls night and a date night! Life is good!
WOW! to get to eat at your favorite place, get a date with hubby, get a hair appt, and get a girl night out.....i think turning 35 is not going to be that bad!
Happy "belated" birthday!
Thirty five, schmirty five. Whatever. You look terrrrrific! Have I told you I have never seen a single wrinkle on your perfect little face? None...you have nothing to worry about. You are so beautiful. Love you!
Still alive... you crack me up! Happy Late birthday! It sounds like you had a great one. You look fantastic... so no more Botox talk!
Post a Comment