Monday, January 12, 2009





Ty was dressed immediately to ride the new skateboard and scooter that Santa brought!














We had a wonderful break. We captured some great moments of really the first Christmas the kids have truly enjoyed! We had a sweet lil family Christmas at home and then left the following Saturday for Arlington. I was able to see lots of friends that morning and then had my family's Christmas. The next day Trent and I went to Austin for the Texas Junior Golf Tour's tournament at Barton Creek. It was a BEAUTIFUL resort and had breathtaking golf courses. Trent did recruiting and I learned a lot about what he does! He also surprised me with a spa day there! I have never felt like Cinderella the way I did that day! A full hour deep tissue massage, an hour facial, mani & pedi, and lots of time in the sauna relaxing and getting warm. They even served me lunch in the middle of all this! Just a wonderful day. It was nice to get away for a few days with man too. I could totally live in Austin!

We have been back into the swing of things for a week now. Last week started LCU basketball games again. We ended up at the ER in the middle of the first one! Ty collided with a coke machine when I was not looking. I did not think it was very bad at first until we got all the blood out of the way. Three stitches later, he is doing great. Nice little scar to go above the last one he got three months ago! He is only five and we have not even started sports yet!!

Somehow I ended up getting the flu yesterday afternoon and am still wiped staying home today. I am however doing the never completely done LAUNDRY.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Girl - I'm so with you on the laundry! I swear I'm forever going in circles with it. (I'm dreaming of a washer/dryer that does everything in 18 mins!!...saw an ad for that somewhere.) BTW, love the pics - I can't believe your kids are getting so big - they are so growing like weeds!! And hello - wow! on the spa day - sounds like it was fab! Hope you're getting your tub fixed soon, and I'm glad Ty's incident wasn't too serious.

Michael Ann said...

Loved your post - was that your Christmas card this year?? Because we didn't get one if it was!!!!

I'm sorry about Ty's crash - boys are destined for scars, bruises, and blood I'm afraid. And yes, it starts this early! Crazy huh?

Your trip sounds heavenly - glad you had fun. Hope you are feeling good now!

Love you guys!

Sara said...

I miss you!

Sara said...

I believe someone else needs to post soon too! Hehe! Ummm...LISA!

SS said...

Where were you tonight????? It was a lot of fun watching them play. You need to come next week!

SS said...

Why can't you have sitters anymore?

SS said...

Oh, I understand.

realitymomma said...

aww, how sad for ty. that is kind of humorous though that he hit a coke machine. you should see the bruise and knot on my face where taytum hit me in the head with a toilet seat! now that is humorous, too.

your family is so precious. can i say that i love you with short hair??? i like this style on you, you are wearing it well. very flattering for you!