Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving Holiday




































Our Thanksgiving started the day before with a wonderful meal out at LCC with my in-laws and Trent's siblings and their families and my father-in-law's side of the family. We then went over to Meme and G's for some fabulous desserts and visiting by the fire. It was really nice to all be together which does not happen as often as it once did.



The next morning we got up at 4AM, loaded up the Burb, made coffee and were on the road by 4:30! Travelling early with small children is SO much easier! They slept until Weatherford!!! I am unfortunately unable to sleep in a car but this is always a nice time for Trent and I to visit and enjoy music on the ole ipod! We were there in time for breakfast and preparation for the turkey feast! It was a wondeful time with all of my family and I stuffed my self ridiculously!



The next day we picked up Sonic and headed out for the Fort Worth Zoo! Ty had been asking to go for sometime now and it turned out to be the best day ever for it! The rest of the metroplex was busy shopping so we got a front row parking spot at 1:30 in the afternoon! The high that day was in the mid 50's and it was perfect with a coat. The kids and Big Kids (Cita, AKA my mother) had a BLAST! My mom got the lion mad by roaring at it and he put on a nice show because of it! There are reasons that I am the way I am people. Afterward we went over to Camp Bowie, my favorite area in Ft.Worth and ate at Uncle Julios for dinner. I hadn't been there since right after college probably! It did not dissappoint!



Saturday we headed to the Dallas side where my good friend Bethany met up with the girls: My mom, Olivia and I, to do some shopping in the Sam Moon Center. I made the most of that trip to say the least! Bethany and I went to ACU and went through the Interior Design program together. We had the blessing of working together for three years at the same firm. It was nice catching up and made me miss her all the more! That evening we met our friends Mike and Chistal Yoshita for Sushi!!! They are the ones who introduced it to us years ago now, boy am I glad they did! It had been too long and we soaked them up!





We all ended up with sinus issues while we were there which seems to be typical now if we stay more than two days. I think Olivia's has turned into an ear infection and Trent may have the flu now. I just sound bad but am fine. O has a ped appt. this afternoon after school so we shall see! Maybe I will get my tree up finally?? I have kinda put it off since we are not on my schedule!



The good news is we are all home safe. The bad news is I left my cell phone charger and its now dead, so if you have tried to call me and I have not returned your call... that would be why. I really have come to realize how lost I am without modern day technology!


I am now getting ready for Ty's birthday which is the 9th. There is a super fun surprise which I cannot write about now but for sure will after. Lots of showers and Christmas parties as well.. a full month to come!

2 comments:

Erica said...

You got some great pictures of your precious family! I have been fighting the sinus issues since before Thanksgiving, I am ready to get over it. Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the holiday season!

realitymomma said...

i thought i was tired, but then i read your blog. girl how do you make it??? i am exhausted just reading all this.

wonderful fun and of course, beautiful pics of a beautiful family!