Well just a few weeks left! I can't believe it! I think this is the fastest summer I can ever remember and I am not sure why. Trent and I had a great time for our anniversary. My inlaws had our kids overnight so we were able to have a nice dinner and even spent a few hours in Barnes and Noble. Sooo peaceful in that store! We will celebrate more in the metroplex soon. It is amazing however the amount I was able to accomplish in a short amount of time without the kids! We are leaving in a couple of hours to head to my hometown to spend some time for several days and then from there to the lake. This will be our summer's end trip! I am leaving with some of my favorite things from this past summer:
Coconut Lime Verbena body splash- feels so good especially after working out! Its my only perfume and has a great summer scent. Apparently lots of others think so too because it was completely sold out at the mall the other day, good thing there is another location ;)
Several trips to Bahama Bucks
LOVE being in my flipflops everyday!
Seeing Ty swim without floaties! Amazing how it just all of a sudden clicks! We never did lessons, just worked with him at the pool, mostly the credit goes to his dad for this! He even swims underwater now! Such a big boy (sniff sniff)
Working out with 0ne of my favorite people, Tina my SIL- such a joy to be around and has kept me on my toes!
Somewhat sleeping in and drinking coffee, taking my time to get going. Usually about an hour, then make beds pick up and get ready to go. I have loved being able to spend these mornings with my T-rent!!!!
Getting our new home in order, we have finally made it 'ours' and I love it!
The unusually cooler temps for most of the season, especially the evenings on the back porch.
Going to the pool! Seeing many friends from school there, and teacher friends of mine!
Having a tan! I used to get ridiculous dark when I laid out everyday of summer in highschool and college. Of course those days are long gone but its nice to finally have a little color again even though its sporatic!
Grilling out for dinner! I don't know why we don't do this most of the year, well yes I do- the time is sort of a factor. I sure love the taste of just about anything from the grill. My favorite this summer has been corn in the husk!
Trent's morning smoothies-yum. He has been making strawberry bannana ones most mornings. I am not a big breakfast person but have had to be with working out so its been a nice alternative to my usual oatmeal. Which by the way I found a great one of those- Quaker Banana Nut Bread, weight control. The weight control is just because it has less of all the stuff that is not so great for you. I am not on a diet but try to eat healthy!
Lots of coke dates and play dates for the kids!
Sleepovers!
Road trips! We have only taken one other but I really enjoy the time in the car with my family. Its where Trent and I have some of our best conversations. I never was a road trip kinda person before him. I cannot sleep no matter how tired I am, unfortunately. Also cannot read, makes me nausious in the car. I'd say Trent is about the best entertainment there is! So nice to have him with us with the kids and be able to each take one to the R/R etc.
Read some great books this summer. I have never been a reader. I started more when we lost our television last year. We have had one since but I have tried to read more than I watch it. Wish I would have started much earlier in my life! I am quite picky though. If I like it I can't put it down and end up doing it in a day or so. If I am not that interested and put it down, chances are I will never pick it up again. I guess I am not giving the author much of a chance! I am starting a book club which is hysterical. I hope to be able to gain more insight from other people in what I have read and to connect with others as well. We will see how that goes!
Although its been a great summer, I am looking forward to the routine of school again and the smell of school supplies! We are getting new shoes and that is it this year but am thrilled to get back in the swing of things, just always have trouble with handing over my husband again. Its such an extreme! We have him ALL the time for three months and then hardly at all for three months! I will be more involved this season though so that will be nice. I have gotten to know the players better too and will be having them over soon for a kick-off. One of his guys got married this summer, I felt old at the wedding! I think I am still like 20 inside this 34 year old body!
Okay, I PROMISE pictures are coming soon. It will be a summer re-cap of them! Have a great last couple of weeks of summer!
3 comments:
Lis- ditto on the "20 yr old inside" bit - Brady & I are always saying that! Can't wait to see some pics! BTW, what gym are you going to? When I was there, I used to go to Bodyworks - loved that gym, is it still there? Love you guys!
We are working out up at the RIP. No more memberships for me! I used to go there too, until Suzanne ditched me! I was in a three year contract! She moved then moved back and now has a new workout partner. Tina is the softball girls strength conditioner so she is serving as my trainer and accountability partner!
looking at your list, you wonder why the summer has flown??? what a fun summer and please call when you come to granbury. possibly work something out!
Post a Comment