Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A little brag


because I can and I will!

T will be on his way home in another hour or so with the girl's who got FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Way to go girls! He is so proud of them and I am poud for him and of him.
Go HERE for the whole story.
I think when people hear that he is now a golf coach, they often think it is a cush job. Not so much. There are rewarding times though and this is one of them. The most rewarding thing about his job is making a difference in college kids lives for Christ. This can be physically and emotionally exhausting but what an opportunity! This is what I am MOST proud of in Trent. He does it well and this is obviously meant to be. He has made a lot of sacrifices and I truely believe God is blessing him because of it and for taking a leap of faith.

He is in his second year of being a coach and has already encountered MANY challenges and done so with such grace. He is a different man and grown so much during this time. Trent has taken a very different carreer path than even he ever imagined. If you know me well you know I am not a lover of change, although I have learned to adapt considering who I am married to! I would never go to unfamilar territory. Trent has not only done that but excelled in all of them! His women's team went to Nationals last year and its looking like they have a great shot at it again this year. They are making school history.

This is the hardest time of year for our family, we miss him so much when he is gone four days of every week. When he is in town he leaves before the sun comes up and comes home after it has set because of workouts, practice and recruiting thrown in there as well. Cush it is defianately not. He does have some flexibility though. The boy is exhausted and still finds time to bring me diet cokes and chocolate (yes I see the irony there) at school, take Ty to the movies, and make room for a date night at least once a month. Because of his Spring and Fall seasons he is completely available for all the holidays and all summer long! Well with the exception of budgetting and more recruiting, but still such a blessing to have him during those times.

I just couldn't be more proud of him. He is an incredible person and this 'job' or should I say, passion, has just made this more and more visible. Its not a job, its a life. More than that its an opportunity. At the same time he is providing for our family. He is doing so in many ways, not just financially. Way to go Coach Phillips!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone thinks that a coach has nothing to do but sit around. When I first started working, my mentor was the head coach of the school. I really got to know all the coaches, and believe me, it is not an easy task. It is an emotionally and physically job.
Dad

Anonymous said...

oops, left out the word draing in my response. Should be--It is an emotionally and physically draing job.
Dad

Larissa said...

That was a sweet post, Lisa! I miss you too! I saw you called, I just haven't had a chance to call you back. I will call you tomorrow!

Chelle said...

Hooray! Congrats to T and his gals! :)

Sharon said...

Tell coach T congrats for us - we are so proud to know him! We can relate to undergoing changes in the job field...sounds like it's all in God's plan.

Amy McCown said...

Congratulations to Trent. I know that it he works so hard. I have not commented on you guys giving up the tv and I think that is great. Sometimes I think that watching it contributes to our desires to want more things also. Hang in there. Golf season will be over before you know it.

The Binkley Family said...

I am glad that his job has worked out so well for you guys. Congrats!

realitymomma said...

Way to go T! Congrats! Does the Dansby girl still play for him? And from one coach to another - it is a tough job. I could never handle a head job. Glad you are making the transitions and that it is all working out.

Larissa said...

Okay, so time has slipped away and i haven't called you!!! Are you going anywhere next week? If not, we could do a play date or something at the park or McD's...or both!!! Let me know what you think...I'll be home all week!

SS said...

Thats awesome about Trent; I'm sure the kids have a good time with him. It stinks that they get him more than you do this time of year :(

Sara said...

I do not know how you do it Lisa. I'm a crybaby just when Brad runs to the store to get some milk! I am so attached to his hip is stupid! You are so strong...and you need to give yourself a lot of credit for that, because I don't think most of us could bear it that long.
On another note, WAY TO GO T-MAN! So happy for him, I know this is such a huge passion for him and you can see it when he talks about it. That is so awesome.
PS. you can always bring your boogers over and we can have a big pajama party! Sound fun?

Ashley said...

Good job, T! That is so great!

Jennifer K said...

Great Job! Hope he is home soon.

Sara said...

Excuse me...did you just post something on my blog about "wanting a rocking bod soon". Is this Lisa? Phillips? Are you ok? Feeling alright?
Are you kidding me? Lisa....seriously....you are so adorable. I would not change a think. You are definitely hot, and have a rockin' bod already! See you soon.

Sara said...

I would not change a thing, not a 'think'.

Michael Ann said...

hey girl,

That was the first time I realized that Trent's pro name is "Coach Phillips." That is so crazy! I know you are proud of him and even though he works a bunch, he absolutely loves it and how many people get to do a job that they are so passionate about? I'm glad for him and happy that you are so supportive! Miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. So great to hear what your family is up to!
Can you send me your email?
sumdale@yahoo.com
I don't have it, and I am going to take my blog private.
Thanks so much,
Summer.

Alyssa said...

Yea for Trent and his LCU girls:)