Well as you can tell by the pictures below, we had a great Spring Break! It was the most relaxing one ever. I unfortuanately got sick with something, but that made for more time just at the house and being with my parents- who were a huge help! I was able to see some highschool friends Sunday and we had a little celebration for Holly who will be having a boy at the end of May at our usual celebration place, La Madeline! We took a day trip up to Gainsville to retrieve T's suit and it was an added plus to stop at a beautiful park for the kids to play and to ride the train with Pop and Cita! That next weekend we went out to Mansfield to my friend Linnea's church where they had a big egg hunt (they put the GOOD candy in like kit kats and stuff!), petting zoo, bounce houses, crafts, face painting, games, etc. The kids LOVED it! As you can see Ty got to feed a pig and not pictured, a goat, pony, chickens, and bunnies! Liv got to hold a bunny and feed ducks too. We went to church with my parents Sunday and came home and had a beautiful Easter dinner. We got home that night and went right back to our crazy busy lives!
T got back Tuesday night late which was an eventful evening to be a whole other post in itself. I got to spend the morning with him Thursday running errands and taking pictures of farms and his all time favorite, The Weinerschnitzel (sp?) I could not taste anything anyway so I said okay! It was really nice to have that time with him. Putting off house work to do it was very much worth it!!! I had really missed my man!
The most exciting thing this past week is that our Bum and Em had their baby girls!!!! They came Tuesday evening and are just beautiful and perfect!!! I will wait to post pics or details so that Em can on her blog but we were SOOOOO thrillled to be there for their arrival and to have two new cousins!!! I am excited at the fact that there will probably always be some holding time for me since there are two!
Well today is reality, L A U N D R Y !!!! I had A TON to catch up on. We have just had the best day and are all still in our jammies!!!! I have been leisurly drinking coffee and switching loads. Its all dreary and a cool front came through. Somehow on days like this I don't feel as guilty for just 'staying' in! We will probably get out late this afternoon for a coke and to do an errand. We have had lots of showings lately so that has prevented me from getting as much done during the week. Please be saying some prayers about that.
We also had the blessing of recieving a television from Trent's grandparents! Its practically new, they only had it a week or so before purchasing a different one. Its REALLY nice!!!! So we have re-joined the world in knowing what is going on with things such as American Idol! Our break from television was a good one though and we don't watch the new one as much- but its nice to have ;) I actually took up reading again and the kids didn't miss it at all! Now they just watch morning shows and occassionally in the evening AI. T and I were never big t.v. people, we don't even have a 'regular' show that we watch and we are not here enough to get into anything but I enjoy seeing the news before bed again! God provided like He always does. We don't NEED a t.v. but are blessed to have one, and are thankful for the giving people in our lives! He has been teaching us a lot lately about wants and needs. I am starting to find contentment in many areas of my life. That is totally God and NOT ME!!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
4 comments:
what a week. your post reminded me of a quote that kirk has been saying for a while now from facing the giants, "prepare for rain" you prepared withour knonwing and now you received the rain! but now that you are back in the tv mode, i can give you some shows to watch!!!! j/k your words and thoughts are very inspiring.
Ty and Ryder could have been twins for Easter; I think they were wearing the same outfit.
I love what you said about "the good candy", that's really funny!
Glad you all had so much fun! :)
Don't feel guilty for staying in with that cute family ever!!
Post a Comment