Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Latest

Well its been an eventful week. I had all of my five trunk shows this past week for Chez Ami. It was not a total loss and I had an okay amount in sales, but only a few at each show and not a single one at my last one. Obviously not meant for me. I may come out even, I hope and probably will not be able to spend any to get my great discount! Now if only I can get the orders put in online that I do have, the system keeps kicking me off and not saving the work I have put in which is precious time right now! I am so frustrated with it! I am also spending the afternoon ironing and packing the over 100 items in my trunk to ship out to the next person which makes me nervous in itself. I am sad to say that I will just be glad when its all over with and everyone has their things safely! What was I thinking?

In the midst of these six shows this past week I ended up with Bronchittis to which my doctor said more than likely is pneumonia but we are not going to test for it now and hope that what he gave me works. So far things are going a little better but got a sinus infection on top of it so still not 100%. Thankfully, my parents came in Friday night and were able to be with the kids all day yesterday since I had two shows back to back. They gave me the luxury of taking a bath last night and sleeping this morning until 9! It was so nice and I feel so well rested! I had not slept the two previous nights due to anxeity about these shows as well as my medicine having the adverse effect on me. I should have known when it said may cause drowsiness on the side that it would not for me!!! Now I am just taking it during the day! Trent also got food poisoning at the same time which was bad for him and bad timing as well, thank goodness for my parents being here! He headed out with the girls for a tournament and seems to be doing better last I talked to him.

Well, lots of things piled up while I was under the weather and today there will be a lot of catching up. I just love laundry....... and to think I was totally caught up just two days ago! What a figment of my imagination it is to think I would ever be 'caught up' on laundry! There are so many little projects I had hoped to be finishing in the mornings after the kids are at school- what a joke! I am doing good just to get the house back in order after they have left and get cleaned up in time to go back up there for work! I guess the projects will have to wait for summer! I have a wall behind my armoire in my bedroom that still needs the stain to match the rest of the room, oh how that bothers me everytime I walk in there! I have O's dresser to paint and finish the hardware on it, and need to go through her clothes again so that she has all the right size in her drawers, then there is handywork that needs to be done. Some day.

I am SOOOO ready for spring! Actually, make that summer. I am ready for no school, lazy days by the pool, afternoon naps, and back to having my husband around. Its only been two weeks and I already miss him like crazy! I know I have said it a few times in this post already, but thankgoodness for my parents being here! Its so nice to visit with them but also to have some extra hands for this constant state of chaos! About every few seconds there is some type of an accident that leads to crying or fussing over who knows what.... they keep them busy and tend to one or the other and it just helps SO much! I actually drank two cups of coffee this morning as opposed to my usual half cup that I get in between interuptions or picking up. I wish we lived closer for so many reasons. My kids just eat them up! My mom is the best story teller EVER and their faces are just priceless during a story! The dynamics of their relationship, its just precious. They cling to them over me within minutes of them being here. Pretty neat for not getting to be with them real often. Well I am just going to milk this for all its worth and wish I could just keep them here!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for hanging on to all this babbling if you have made it this far. Sorry you had to witness my therapeutic blogging this time around......

P.S.- the look you probably noticed as some of Melody's work through Ashley. Our little blogging ring has benefited from her talent! She is just great and its neat to have see some of my personality on this page, I think she just nailed it. Also neat to make a new friend out of the deal! This blogging thing... so neat how it brings people into one another's lives and the encouragement and accountability it can as well. What a blessing.

12 comments:

1literatimommy said...

your blog looks so cool. i really like it. i hope that you are doing well, and i am so glad your kiddos adore your parents. it is a sweet relationship to watch develop.

Larissa said...

I love it, isn't it fun???!!!

I love to read what you right, and yes, it is therapeutic! So glad to have parents around, I would die without mine!

I will see you sometime soon!

Chelle said...

I like the new look of the blog! Very fun. Hope you start feeling better soon. really, no need to be sick anymore!!!

I'm really ready for Spring, bring it, but leave out the tornados..please.

Ashley said...

Mel did a good job on our blog. It is awesome. I am so sorry things have been so hard. Hang in there.

Michael Ann said...

I love the look of your new blog Lisa, and so sorry to hear of you getting so sick! I am very glad for you that your parents are there, b/c mommies just don't have time to be sick! Love you and miss you!

Sharon said...

Love the new blog look - definitely suits your style better! I'm sorry you've been sick & pray you'll feel better quickly. I can't imagine feeling this way & juggling two little ones w/ work and by yourself! You are a warrior, as I know moms have to be. It's so nice to hear what a close relationship O & T have w/ the grands - such a blessing! Hope the rest of your week goes well.

April Carrasco said...

Man, I am so sorry you have been sick! It has hit our household too and it is so hard to do daily life with sickness. I am glad your parents were here to help. Your page looks great!

Lisa said...

Lovin' the look. Hope you feel better soon!

SS said...

The new page is definitely you! I hope you're feeling better by now. Then again, I think everyone is going to remain sick until our lovely West Texas weather decided to make up its mind. I hope things settle down around your house soon.

Sara said...

Yes I totally agree with you on the blogging. Now that I have started again, it has been therapeutic, reading other peoples' blogs and sharing things on my blog. Its fun!
Glad you parents were so helpful this weekend, sounds like you had a little rest, I still don't know how you do it.
Who is this Mel girl? And how did she change your blog?
Thanks for the fun reading by the way...

Traci said...

I LOVE the look of your site! SO cute and trendy...just like you.

So sorry that you have been sick. Grandparents ARE the greatest medicine in the world, aren't they?

realitymomma said...

i am glad to hear that someone else has all those fun tasks that build up. laundry, painting, dressers, clothes (changing out 3 girls is wild!) i spend my life trying to get to the list!

you know, you could move to granbury any time. i would love to have you an hour away! then you could really enjoy your parents (no offense to the phillips' i know they are great grandparents, too!)

what is the deal with the trunk shows?