Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It continues...

Well today at noon we were sent home from school under suspicion of dots all over Olivia. They suggested I take Ty too since he had been exposed and just to play it safe. So we were able to get an afternoon appt. and found out that they both have 'Hand, Foot, and Mouth' disease. She looked at Olivia's ears and commented, "They are both beyond HORRIBLEY infected!" The girl has never been fussy, feverish, nothing! We all have had congestion but it ended up in her ears. She took a look at Ty's just to see and sure enough his right ear was infected as well but not real bad. I was not familiar with Hand Foot and Mouth disease. They are little blisters on the palms, bottom of feet and of course in the mouth and down the throat! She said its pretty painful and VERY contagious! So now we are all on antibiotics! Please say some prayers for these lil shorties!

4 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

That is awful! I am so sorry. I hope everyone is all better very soon!

Chelle said...

I have some friends whose kid got that. No fun at all, very icky. Hope the antibiotics are helping get rid of it all. Will be praying for you guys...get well already!!!! :) Love you.

1literatimommy said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa. I am so sorry that you and your little ones are suffering! I will say prayers that you get better.

Larissa said...

Oh, I saw the title of the last post, and I just thought Oh no!!! Man, I hope you guys get better really soon and that you get some rest very soon!