Monday, October 08, 2007

Thank you Trent!

The View.





Bum and Em (the expectant parents of twins!)









Hunter (Tina's oldest) and Olivia
Mommy and Ty, his freckles are catching up to ours!







I came home Thursday in tears for many reasons. Trent and I had some GREAT discussion which helped me to have a different perspective on many things. I really believe God uses him to do so. Sometimes I wonder how we make it being so incredibly opposite from one another, but then again.......I think its because we are so incredibly opposite from one another! I have had a rough go for the past few weeks and have really missed time with him. He has been gone four days out of every week since school started. This past weekend they were home and had an entire week in town! Trent has been very sensitive to the fact that it is hard to do a lot of things without him. With my new job situation its hard to spend time with friends with him being gone the time that I am not working. He made me feel VERY appreciated this past weekend.
My friend Shauna and I had a girlie date Friday night and went to a movie and then out for coffee. Thank you Trent and Cole for keeping your kids so we could enjoy each other! We enjoyed a movie with the Tech football team! We saw Valley of Elah, great movie but kind of a downer. We then went to Starbucks and had a great time visiting outside. The weather was so nice that night! The next day we were able to sleep in!!!!! I saw the clouds part as a chorus of HALLELUJAH rang in the background! We have finally trained Ty to get his own milk in the morning and I just went in and turned on the t.v. then returned to my husband until 10 A.M.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We then WOKE OLIVIA UP! Yes, our kids are complete opposites as well- in almost every way possible! We had coffee and watched t.v for a couple of hours. Then I got in the shower where he told me to hurry up b/c I needed to make my appt. for an HOUR AND A HALF MASSAGE!!!!! It was incredible!
He then surprised me with a double date with Tim and Em to the Tech homecoming football game. The really cool part about that is that we enjoyed the game in the Sprint/Alamosa (the company Trent used to work for) box at Jones Stadium! We had never been in a suite there before which was incredible. A wonderful meal and non stop snacks to boot!
The next day was church was so nice to attend with Trent! I love being able to worship together not to mention having an extra set of hands to carry backpacks in and get at least one kid to class! After brunch, we headed out to LCU to watch Shanon and Tina's softball girls play the Tech girls. Great beautiful day. Then evening service and dinner with the Meme and G. Just a wonderful weekend.
I can't tell you how much I appreciated not only a break but being pampered as well! As I walked upstairs to get my massage there was a sign that read, "The Quiet Zone." I couldn't stop smiling! I have an incredible husband for more reasons than I could list. Boy does he know me and meet my needs. Talk about filling up the love bank this weekend!


9 comments:

Ashley said...

Sweet post for a sweet guy. Way to go! I am so happy about Emili. I try not to stalk her by being so thrilled every minute of the day and smiling at her. She is the best.

Larissa said...

I am so glad to hear that!!! That makes me smile that you had a great time and were able to recharge your batteries. I could tell you were needing that! I could hear your enthusiasm coming off the page! Love ya!

Amy McCown said...

Your weekend sounds awesome. I am glad that we have found each others blogs so we can keep up. Ty and Olivia are very cute.

Maria R. said...

WOW! What a fun weekend you had and what a great hubby! Glad you guys got to spend it together.

:)

April Carrasco said...

I am so happy for you! What a wonderful, relaxing weekend. I am so glad that you could renew your energy. You will continue to be in my prayers as Trent travels. Everytime I get an absent notice for the golf teams I think of you:)!!

Nicole said...

That sounds fantastic! I would love to watch a game from a booth...that's an experience I hope to have someday. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Lisa Renee said...

Jerrod Shelton went into surgery at 3:30 today. Pray that tumor is benign.

Sara said...

YEA YEA YEA for Trent! You deserve a world of pampering, and you finally got it! How great that you got a night out too! That's so awesome Lisa.
Looking forward to our little ones' sleepover! They are gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

Awww! You sound like you got a much need break! Trent and my Mark sound a lot alike! Finally! We got some good ones huh?