The rest of these are just ones that I thought were sweet. The Broncos have been Trent's favorite team since he was not much older than Ty is now. We have a hand-me-down jersey from his cousins and he sported it for his Dad's birthday dinner last Friday night. Our friend Colt and Trent share the same birthday so Suzanne and I planned a little surprise birthday dinner for them and the friends we have in common. It was hard to get them to cooperate but they were surprised none the less and it was a good time. Of course I did not get any pictures of that... sorry. I can't believe we are 'in our thirties'!!!! 
I must say its been the best time in my life though! It IS just a number and Trent still gets mistaken for one of the golfers instead of the coach so he has nothing to worry about! Well..... we are going to be keeping our internet so the blogging does not have to cease afterall! (I think my most avid readers never comment, I have gotten a lot of surprising verbal ones on this issue!) Just nixing the cable and phone- just cell phones now. No more Diego or Spongebob for Ty or ESPN for Trent. I will not even be effected! Will just have to wait until 7 for longdistance! Not a big deal. Also, I can now see 100%!!!!!! So weird not to be putting contacts in or glasses on! It was all worth it and SO nice! I would encourage everyone who struggles with sight to look into finding out if you are a candidate. I feel very fortunate to have had that option and although it tried my patience........I am all around a better person for it! Also reached that 21 days...........it was not a perfect 21 days but has really caused me to think before I speak and make a conscious effort to not complain in any area of my life. What a challenge! Until next time...................
I must say its been the best time in my life though! It IS just a number and Trent still gets mistaken for one of the golfers instead of the coach so he has nothing to worry about! Well..... we are going to be keeping our internet so the blogging does not have to cease afterall! (I think my most avid readers never comment, I have gotten a lot of surprising verbal ones on this issue!) Just nixing the cable and phone- just cell phones now. No more Diego or Spongebob for Ty or ESPN for Trent. I will not even be effected! Will just have to wait until 7 for longdistance! Not a big deal. Also, I can now see 100%!!!!!! So weird not to be putting contacts in or glasses on! It was all worth it and SO nice! I would encourage everyone who struggles with sight to look into finding out if you are a candidate. I feel very fortunate to have had that option and although it tried my patience........I am all around a better person for it! Also reached that 21 days...........it was not a perfect 21 days but has really caused me to think before I speak and make a conscious effort to not complain in any area of my life. What a challenge! Until next time...................
P.S. Congrats to Holly and Casey McLean in the birth of Kyley a few weeks ago! I can't wait to meet her!
P.S.S. Harpers......did you get that house?
7 comments:
Hey Lisa! Just wanted to let you know that Clay and I have been without cable for about a year now (since we moved to Arlington) and it has actually been a really good thing. I'm constantly surprised at the things we get accomplished at night. Press on, sister!
Brad and I were without cable for 3 years I believe. And of course, I was not affected at all, and Brad got really used to it. We watched the news every day. That's one thing I miss, is watching the news, I only have time to watch the shows that I tape now.
So good to hear that your sight is 100%! That's awesome!
Let me know when you can get together sometime! Miss you!
Looks like all is well, minus that absurd hail. What madness, but that's Lubbock for ya. Hooray for being able to see! What a blessing, and glad you have healed well. Have a fantastic day!
Without cable as well. No toons for the kids, no ESPN for Cody but unfortunately I was effected by no cable as the shows in the morning I watched were ones of spiritual teaching and I really miss that onslaught of the Word. I also miss HGTV but that is not a biggy.
I should have taken pics of my yard as well. I still have some ice in the backyard.
Glad we were home before it hit.
But I am totally missing my cell phone. I really have to talk to Cody about getting rid of the house phone instead.
The Harper's have the inspection on the house tomorrow. We are getting close!
I am so behind. I don't have internet at my house right now, so I can only read blogs or post from my parents house. I am just now seeing where you wrote that you wouldn't be able to blog anymore and now you're back! Well I'm glad I didn't get that depressing piece of news earlier without hearing that you wouldn't be stopping. I would miss you in blogland!!!!
http://www.lcuchaps.com/main.aspx?cat=womensgolf
This is the article on the LCU website about this past weekend! AWESOME! Way to go girls and COACH PHILLIPS!
Post a Comment