Friday, February 02, 2007

My Ground Hog Day

- Woke up to snow covered ground, and icey roads. Roads were fine by noon but there is still some snow in our yard.

-Took my kids to my sweet friend April's house at 8:30, in their pajamas and a blanket. Whew! A cold day to be getting out so early!

- Went to my pre-op appt. for FIFTEEN more tests on my eyes. They are SUPER thourough!
I am scheduled for PRK a week from today at 10:30 in the morning. I would appreciate some prayers. This is very similar to LASIK but instead of creating a flap with the laser, it reshapes the cornea. Same outcome but I do not have enough tissue to do LASIK. The bad news is, I will not be seeing great at first, in fact it will be quite blurry for at least three days! I did not realize how much you cannot do after surgery. My MIL will be taking the kids for the day of surgery and Trent will be home all weekend to take care of me. They want me sleeping and putting drops in almost constantly until that Tuesday! The other bad thing is there is usually more discomfort than with LASIK but should be better by that Tuesday. I am just glad to finally be getting it over with. I have been in glasses for almost four months now.

-Had lunch at April's and a nice visit to finally do some catching up.

-The rest of the day was quite a challenge with my three year old and girl is sick and clingy. They both have runny noses but girl has had fever on and off. She is now sleeping pleasantly with the help of some Benedryl :)

-Watched one of my favorite teeny bopper movies, "Ten Things I Hate About You."

-Watched another Heath Ledger, "A Knight's Tale."

-Been dreaming about a house we found that we love and just praying that it all works out. I know God will put us where he wants us but it fits our needs perfectly and is actually the right price and I hope that its His will for us to be there. If not, I hope that the looking period is not too long and that the selling time is even shorter. I would appreciate prayers about that as well.

-Finally going to bed to snuggle with my little man because his dad is off recruiting.

Hope everyone had a nice winter day! Hope the Ground Hog is NOT right!!!

13 comments:

bairds said...

How exciting about your surgery! I keep thinking about it, but don't have the nerve yet. ( can't even see the alarm clock without my glasses on, but I love disposable contacts). Hang in there with the house hunt. You an Krista can commiserate...and I'll be joining you all March 1! God will work it all out, but I remember from our first house how hard it was to be patient.

Larissa said...

Well first of all, I am very confused about this groundhog. I heard that we would have an early spring on the today show. And then on channel 11 last night, they said 6 more weeks of winter. So which is it? Did I hear wrong on of them?

Second, I feel for you guys on the whole house thing. That can be so frutrating...so frustrating. The nice thing is that you know it will all work out, even though that's probably not that comforting right now!

Nicole said...

I am so excited for you that you are having this eye surgery. Even though your description isn't all that appealing :-) the outcome will be so worth it and I am very jealous! I'll just keep going on with my horrible vision until I get the guts to join you.

1literatimommy said...

I will be praying that your surgery goes smoothly.

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

My SIL had Lasik and LOVES it. I hope you get the same great results. Praying for the house stuff.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
We will pray for your house situation to work out....please pray for us as well. Ours goes on the market Wed.!

Good luck with the eyes....

Jennifer K said...

How exciting! I didn't know that you were getting PRK--the info. I gave you might have not helped any!

Where is this house? Are you moving closer to us?! That would be fun!

Larissa said...

I just have to tell you that you know a lot of people. I don't even think I could make a list that long of people that I knew. (I'm refering to the amount of people you have on your links in case you're confused.)

A D said...

I enjoyed our visit too. It is so few and far between even though we see each other all the time.
Prayers of course for your surgery, recovery and the house. I am sad you will be further away but since you can get anywhere here in 15 mins it's not too bad!!
Lots of love!!

Chelle said...

YIKES! Surgery sounds no fun at all. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery (enjoy the forced rest!), and for a quick sell/buy with the house. Hooray for adventures! Love you much, and miss your sweet face.

The Binkley Family said...

I want to have that surgery, but I am too big of a wimp. Congrats to you...I will be praying that all is well. My dad had it done and it really changed his life.

Traci said...

I will be praying for you and your surgery. You will be so happy to finally see without glasses!

You sound so sweet and adorable! Any friend of Michael Ann's is okay in my book! Did you know that I was her RA and even though we are eight years apart we became close immediately? Just a little trivia.

I love 10 Things I Hate About You! There's just something about those teen movies!

julesmesa said...

I hope that it goes well. It was the best spent money that I've ever done. I cannot imagine fighting with dry contact eyes or glasses with kids. YOU WILL LOVE IT.