Tuesday, January 23, 2007



These are random and for no reason really. The first one is obviously after bath time. The second is a month or so ago actually but shows her with two of her favorite things- her baby (the favorite one-I love that it has dark hair like she does) and the blanket that our friend Denise made her before she was born. Its just the right weight and is oh so soft. She loves to snuggle up in it.

On a completely different note lots of things going on around here. A very busy week!




Tonight, the dreaded pictorial directory pics. We had to re-schedule from 5 to 7 because all those
games Trent was supposed to ref were cancelled b/c of snow and ice and changed to tonight. He won't be done until 6:30, just enough time to change and be there. Should be interesting.

Thursday at 9:15 we head over to the Health Sciences Center to see the Endocronologist. Olivia ended up with another ear infection last Friday and actually lost some ounces- normal-but none the less not great.

Thursday night, a baby shower briefly and Trent stating basketball games. I will probably be missing our women's study because I have no where to put my children.

Friday afternoon, we meet to sign papers and do all the other stuff that goes along with putting our house on the market! I am a little nervous about this for many reasons. I need some prayers for the stress that goes along with that as well as for me not to put so much identity into a house! I am super picky and after all, its just a house. I should just feel blessed to be able to live in one regardless of what it looks like. I know it will all work out. I think I am cursed with my background in Design! I need to post some pictures in case any readers in town might be interested! We have outgrown the space and would also like to be able to have a place for my parents to be when they visit. Its just a good time for a change in this way. Trent would like to be closer to the University because our church is on campus too and we are there almost every day of the week, well he is for sure except for Saturday but lately that day too with stating games! Its not a must, its only 15 minutes to get anywhere in town so it doesn't really matter on location.

Ashley, you inspired me to make time to read. I have started doing so after kids are in bed at around 9 every night. I am reading a short one right now by a lady that goes to our church and spoke in Ladies Class last year. She is also a professor at the University and several of you would probably know her who went there. It has been so long that I read any lenght of time that my eyes blur when I look up! Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. I have been doing a lot of organizing in my life and its so freeing. Having to get the house ready has made me do so and also prioritize my time better. I guess change isn't so bad afterall!

Congrats to Scott, Krista, Kayla, Caroline, and Kaitlyn on having a baby boy in May!!!!! I cannot wait to see you next month!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad you are reading again. It really does inspire me and get me out of my "funk" sometimes.

Good luck getting your house on the market. I know that time can be stressful.

Once the weather warms up, Carley and I will be walking more in the evenings when Cody is at the station. You'll have to let me know which nights Trent will have games.

bairds said...

I know just how you feel about putting your house on...we are doing it in March! I am most worried about keeping it clean with the little ones. I have already gotten kind of OCD about it, and Chad asked "why?" I said we have to practice for March. I think he thinks I am crazy!! Keep us posted on how it goes!

Nicole said...

You really are a "busy mama", you have lots going on right now! Good luck with the pictures and house. Olivia looks so sweet and I hope her doctor's appt goes well.

Anonymous said...

Where did you get that crib? I have been looking all over for a classic crib like that!

lauren said...

Sounds busy but exciting! You're making me want to start reading again, too. I'll pray for your stress level, although I'm sure you're managing it all just fine, knowing you. :) I hope Olivia gets to feeling better soon.

Lisa Renee said...

Anonymous:
The crib is from my parent's attic as is most of her furniture with the exception of the dresser that was our friend Elizebeth's! I think it was originally my aunt's and I believe its an old 1970's Jenny Lind. Her daughter was a baby in 1977 so its pretty old but still works. My parents painted it white for me. I love it. Her whole room is kind of 1970's furniture with a folding change table. I know you can purchase new improved Jenny Lind cribs in the same spindle look from Pottery Barn and a lot less price for the same thing at J.C. Pennys. Good Luck finding a classic crib!