All's well in Phillipsville. A start to a new week and getting in a routine! We had a REAL lazy week last week, but I figure we are due for one after the past year we have had! Have I mentioned how glad I am to have Trent home???? We have so enjoyed each other these last few weeks. We have been bringing Ty in with us when he gets up at 6:15, most of the time-not all, he will fall back asleep as he drinks his morning milk and one of us will get some snuggles in on him. I made curtains for our room with more fun Ballard fabrics, I will post pics later, and it makes it so dark in there when we shut our bathroom doors. We all slept until at least 9 or so everyday last week. We would then go in and wake up Olivia (thank GOD we have at least one sleeping child!) and drink our morning coffee while Ty will play on the back porch or watch the Wiggles. Trent rented five movies last week and we watched one every day! Trent's sister Tina was in town with Shanon and Heath to look for a house so we got to see Heath a bunch! Ty LOVES him and they had a good time together. We even caught a real flick at the theatre. Trent had already taken Ty but he didn't mind seeing it again and I quite enjoyed "Over The Hedge" myself as well as my sister-in-law Emmy!
Speaking of Em, I have a prayer request. She and Tim have been trying to have a baby for two years now. They are now getting help at the fertility specialist we went to and have undergone their second attempt of Artificial Insemination (sp?) a week ago and will find out Tuesday if she is pregnant or not. There are no real complications as to why they should not be able to. Em has had cysts in the past but that is taken care of this time. Its so hard to understand how it happens so easily for some and not for others who want one so bad like this sweet couple. They will be incredible parents and I SO want this for them. If it has taken you a while you know what it feels like to have a bunch of pregnant friends and be sincerely happy for them, but wonder why it is not happening for you. I remember that feeling and did not go near what they have gone through at this point. Could you stop and say a quick prayer for them, it would be greatly appreciated.
I also have a praise. As you know, a couple of weeks ago I had mastitis. It cleared up quickly but not something I want to go through again. Anyhoo.. a few days later I felt a HUGE lump in my opposite breast. Not like any of the blocked ducts I had had in the past. I got them a lot while nursing Ty. It also was not going away with the typical treatment of hot compress and pumping. I had decided if it had not gone down by Sunday I was going in today. I got scared and thought maybe its not a blocked duct at all but could be a lump! If you know me well you know I am a worrier, not my favorite characteristic about me, and I of course started thinking of the worst. I had asked one friend to pray about it and as of this morning it completely dissapeared! Not slowly went away but dissappeared! Amazing. Praise God.
I have another praise as well. My friend Linnea, whom I grew up with and have been friends with since first grade, delivered her second child last Wednesday. His name is Parker Tate Oxley and he weighed 7lbs. 11oz. and is 19-1/2" long! He is perfect and healthy! Can't wait to meet the little miracle later this month. Praise God.
I have a small commercial too. The same friend I asked to pray for me gave me a book for Mother's Day entitled, To Know Him, by Gloria Copeland. Its the highlight of my day to read and I reccommend it to everyone. Short readings that just get you pumped about your relationship with The Lord. Thanks April.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new week. May God bring many blessings to your lives as well and shine through you in all that you do.
6 comments:
That book sounds very neat. I remember those lumps from nursing. Glad you are all healed! I too share your worrier trait. It is a hard one for me to deal with.
Isn't God good?! I can't wait to see your curtains. Congrats on the breast issue. Prayers already out for Tim and Emmi. I love the book, it really inspires you to make Him a priority. Continued blessings to you and your family.
Sounds like you are enjoying your summer! Sleeping late, coffee with your hubby, and renting movies -- it doesn't get any better than that!
I am so glad that things are going so well for all of you. It really is wonderful to hear! Can't wait to see you this weekend. If you need anything, let me know!
P.S. Emmy and Tim are in my prayers...I can't imagine what they are going through and how hard that is. Keep us posted.
I am glad that your lump disappeared. that is one really disconcerting thing about weening the baby. those lumps just feel bizarre. Glad you are okay, sweet friend.etyvg
Post a Comment