Well I have not ever been to Mardi Gras but I am walking around dilleriously after a night of little sleep and drinking coffee to function! I figure that is what a lot of people in New Orleans are doing right now! Ty woke up a little before four with nightmares and a cough. About the time he passed out at 8 this morning, sister was ready to eat. She then threw up the entire feeding on me and herself. We got all changed and I stepped into my houseshoes beside my bed which were full of throw up from where I turned her to avoid getting it on the bed. I have gotten pretty quick with that. Well its been a full day and its not even 10 O'clock yet! She is now asleep and Ty is back to hyper mode. I can't believe how much energy he has and would give anything to have it myself! I was looking forward to going for some coffee with girls from Ladies Class since we didn't have class today but there was no way I could get us all bathed and ready to be up there upon the decided time. I also just don't have the energy. Trent gets back late tonight from a golf tournament and I just can't wait to hug him. Things get so out of whack when he is gone and its like he has to be here for all this to work. Even though if he were he would have been asleep last night and at work today........... still its just his presence or something. I love having kids but I miss having that time with him, sleeping in, or just even a normal conversation without interruption. I am glad we waited as long as we did before having them. They are precious though. I was getting stuff to change Olivia this morning and she was fussing, I was calling out "just a minute," in frustration and then I look over at her and she has this huge grin! I couldn't help but smile and laugh about the whole thing. I think you just have to have humor to survive sometimes! I have endless Ty stories in the same way but I cannot even begin to write them all down!
We are coming along on the potty training. He occassionally is telling me BEFORE he goes! Its a real treat to flush the toilet when he goes and of course I do the happy dance and give him a bribe like gummy sweet-tarts! Not quite to underwear yet. I tried that and he immediately went right through three packages of three!
Since then and since Trent is not needing a ref uniform every other day and Olivia is throwing up only about twice a week, my laundry is headed toward the range of normal. Trent is however working out everyday with the team so I have that to keep up with instead of the uniform. I am so jealous and wish I had the time and energy to work out myself. The times when the kids are taken care of I just want to catch up on areas of the house that they don't need to be around or just take a breather and a cup of coffee to re-engergize myself. How many times have I written the word coffee now? I think I might be addicted! I am enjoying the book I wrote about earlier from my secret sister, Keeping It Simple for Mom's On The Go. I reccommend it to all you busy moms out there. Of course a lot of you probably have it a lot more together than I do!
I think I am going to celebrate this Tuesday by actually getting fat! I am supposed to have dinner with my friend Amanda Wooten who I have not been able to visit with since right after Olivia was born. She is one of the first people I knew in moving here and is SO fun to be with. Our lives have gotten crazy with having kids and busy husbands so its hard to get together. I can't wait to see her and eat up!
3 comments:
Okay...is that not ironic???? I was thrown up on yesterday too! Nathan was making Kyle laugh, and oops he spewed all over me. Well incidently enough I decided to take Kyle to the doc just in case. We just got back. He has an ear infection. He had no fever though. Anyways, I'm at least glad I know and he's on medicine now. The phrase "motherhood is the hardest job in the world" doesn't even begin to emcompass everything does it. I know exactly where you are...totally!!!! In fact, we are just so busy with kids and keeping the two alive that we have that we have halted ALL efforts for another. I just can't handle it! But I've also decided that, THAT is okay. I was putting a lot of pressure on myself and I feel so much better now that we have changed plans. Anyways, I'm thinking about you. I hope you get the throw up out of your house shoes. You should splurge and go buy a new pair!
love ya!
Sending hugs your way!!
(And a little spray and wash too! :))
I love Amanda Wooten too! She's such a hoot!!!!!!!!
I miss you Lisa! I need some Lisa, Ty, Olivia time! Let's do that!
Post a Comment