Michael Ty Phillips, born first thing December 9th at Covenant Hospital. I Don't know that I have ever written this story except maybe in his baby book and I feel the need to document it. It sort of starts the evening before. Trent and I were watching our favorite show at the time, Alias. I was thirsty most of pregnancy with Ty. I had another one of my fruit cravings and was eating an orange on our couch. I swallowed wrong and began to choke. It scared Trent a lot more than it did me. We look back now and see that it set me into labor. I was not due until the 22nd. I went to bed that night having contractions and continued to do so until about 3 in the morning. I got up the next day feeling fine and thought it must have been Braxton Hicks. I went into our office around 2 and began to wrap some presents. I stood up and my water broke. I ran to the bathroom and saw a lot of green fluid. I stood up again and it kept happening over and over. I called the hospital and they told me to come quickly. I called Trent at work, He was at Alamosa and in a meeting. I had to call the main line and have the secretary get him out as it was an emergency. I then called my parents and told what was going on and they started to head this way. I began to get my bag that had mostly been packed and he was home in not time. I was oddly calm and he was oddly hysterical! Complete role reversal for us! He sped us to the hospital. They said the baby was in distress and had likely swallowed meuconium. I got changed and they monitored the baby and gave me an epidural. Trent was crazy interested in that process! I felt great and then by about 10 I didn't. I was having major contractions and feeling every bit of them. They callled that hot spots and brought the anesthesiest back for a second one. Then I felt nothing. The one doctor in my doctors office that I did not like was on rotation and came in to deliver Ty. He was stuck and they used forceps to get him out. Immediately they took him to be weighed and check vitals and then to the nursery to be put on oxygen. I didn't even get to see him. Trent was able to walk him to the nursery and show him off to our family. Tim and Emmy had come up earlier around 6 and stayed until he was born. I remember being stitched up and then shaking wildly and crying while alone. Soon Gary came in to see how I was doing and later family. I was then taken to a regular room and slept until about 5 when they brought him in to nurse. I remember thinking how perfect he was, blonde hair and golden skin. He latched on perfectly and I held him for the next 24 hours!!! That was such a special moment. Just he and I and Trent lay asleep across the room on a cot.
Ty at 11:
Obsessed with mine craft and clash of the clans (games)
Sweet tender heart, always wants to make sure everyone is ok
TALL
Very into his hair and clothes
Likes his space and privacy
Could care less about $$
Very secure
Likes to do his own thing
Will eat just about anything, not picky. Loves sweets
Loves girls. Right now its a girl at church

No comments:
Post a Comment