Thursday, July 10, 2014

Spring with Levi

So having three children, with two in full time school and one in pre-school makes for very chaotic afternoons.  Levi goes to Calvary where I have worked the past six years and is in the 3's class.  In the fall he went from 9-3. I would pick him up and then we would go get the sibs, a friend down the street and then come home. Our daily routine had been snack and then homework. Well homework for a second and third grader consists of a homework packet to be completed by Friday, practicing spelling/vocabulary words, and then reading for an hour. Also piano on Mondays and dance on Thursdays for Livi, and Guitar on Tuesdays for Ty. Now in Spring we add T-ball for Levi and baseball for Ty.  C R A Z Y. Oh and church Wednesday nights.  Levi would start crying when we pulled up to the school to get the big kids. After snack I had to do a lot of facilitating on the worksheets for the homework packets and mach spelling, vocab, and reading tests as well as all subjects for 6 weeks tests. Levi does not watch tv. He loves to be outside but not alone. This was really hard. I realized he was missing out on ANY individual time.

SOOOOOO I decided starting January to let Levi come home for dance and for the last time (for three months) have afternoons with me. Sometimes we would meet Dad (typically Fridays) or a friend for lunch but mostly we came home. I fixed whatever he wanted and then we either ran errands together or played whatever he wanted to. One day we met Tina at the mall had chick fil A and then played on the playground, rode rides got a cookie and laughed like crazy. One of my all time favorites. Another day we went after lunch to get an icecream and sat outside and talked.  I REALLY loved if he ever got sleepy or chose to watch  a movie and asked to sit in my 'yap'. Probably the last year he will fit easily, and I just kiss his head millions of times. I love his little voice and how he always knows where we are in the car and tells me what we are close to. He loves going through the car wash and is good at helping me vaccuum out the car :)










No comments: